Who We Are >>> Why You Should Work With Us
Olema Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of targeted therapies for women’s cancers. Olema’s lead product candidate, palazestrant (OP-1250), is a proprietary, orally-available small molecule with dual activity as both a complete estrogen receptor (ER) antagonist (CERAN) and a selective ER degrader (SERD). It is currently being evaluated both as a single agent in an ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial, and in combination with CDK4/6 inhibitors (palbociclib and ribociclib) and a PI3Ka inhibitor (alpelisib), in patients with recurrent, locally advanced or metastatic ER-positive (ER+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-) breast cancer. Palazestrant has been granted FDA Fast Track designation for the treatment of ER+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer that has progressed following one or more lines of endocrine therapy with at least one line given in combination with a CDK4/6 inhibitor. Olema is headquartered in San Francisco and has operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit us at www.olema.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Onto something big, together. Olema is made up of people who are passionate beyond measure. Each and every day, we come together to do amazing things – for each other, for science, and for women with cancer.
Our modern hybrid workplace model encourages employees to split their week between working from home and at our lab/office, while also providing several allowances to help with both home office and commute expenses.
While at the lab/office, our teams build their camaraderie, opening the door for more authentic mentorship and career development opportunities. While at home, employees can make the most of their time – whether that’s picking up the kids from school, going on a mid-day run, or catching up on chores. Through this model, we strive to offer our employees the best of both work models.
About the Role >>> Associate Director of Clinical Supply Chain
We are seeking a driven Clinical Supply Chain leader to join Olema as an Associate Director, Clinical Supply Chain. You will plan, create, implement, build, and optimize our clinical supply chain to ensure uninterrupted and timely drug supply for Olema’s clinical programs. The successful candidate must have a proven track record, thorough knowledge of small molecule biopharmaceutical supply chains, and strategic planning expertise. This a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on talented Associate Director of Clinical Supply Chain to join a company with an industry leading Board of Directors and Management team. You will roll up your sleeves to build an innovative women’s oncology company with significant potential to transform breast cancer treatments.
This position will be based in San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 10% travel.
Your work will primarily encompass:
- Develop and implement Clinical Supply Chain strategies
- Manage demands, inventories, shipping, and third-party manufacturers / logistics providers
- Oversight packaging, labeling, and distribution activities at vendors
- Generate and manage clinical labels
- Identify supply chain risks, escalate if needed, and close out risk items
Ideal Candidate Profile >>> Late Phase Clinical Supply Knowledge
A love of challenging, important work. We are a pragmatic team, driven to imagine and develop meaningful therapies for improving lives. All employees within our company play a unique and crucial role in our success, both in accomplishing our mission and building a positive company culture. As such, we are looking for someone with the right combination of knowledge, experience, and attributes for this role.
- Bachelor’s of Science required; Master’s degree preferred
- Late phase clinical development and clinical supply chain management required
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- 8+ years of biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience in clinical supply chain management
- Inventory management and third-party logistics oversight experience
- Extensive experience managing forecast demands
- Strong global shipping and customs experience
- Solid experience developing clinical labels
- Experience developing IRT specifications
- Hands-on experience and troubleshooting proficiency with QMS and purchasing systems
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills
- Analytical thinking with problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- A commitment to excellence
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic; fast learner who can identify the core project challenges and expeditiously change course as required in a fast-paced organization
- Teamwork and collaboration; balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; shares expertise with others
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to prioritize key work streams and requirements that will change over the near and mid-term
- A demonstrated ability to make decisions on incomplete information and in areas where a high degree of professional judgment is required
- Be a “difference maker” in terms of one’s professionalism and contributions
- Have impeccable professional ethics, integrity and judgment
- Be collegial, hard-working, confident, a self-starter and have a passion for results
This position is available at either the Associate Director or Director level. The base pay range for this position is expected to be $175,000 - $195,000 annually, however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market, job related knowledge, skills and capabilities, and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity, bonus, and benefits.
Important Information >>>
We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and believe that great ideas and discoveries come from a mix of expertise, background, and experience. Olema is building a culture where the value of difference is celebrated.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, seeking to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower employees and provide them with a platform to develop their long-term careers. A Summary of Benefits is available for all applicants.
Olema also requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations. The health and safety of our employees is important to us!
Please note: Olema doesn’t accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
Additional Note/Fraud Alert: Olema will not conduct interviews via text message or messaging platforms and will not ask you to download anything as part of your interview. Though we use third party tools to help with advertising our jobs, please be vigilant in checking that the communication is in fact coming from Olema.