We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Scientist to join the Protein Biochemistry Group (PBG). You will be responsible for the characterization and stability testing of reference standards to support products in the pipeline. In this role, you will provide in-depth biophysical and biochemical characterization of protein-based therapeutics and novel modalities to support programs in late-stage research through BLA.
A typical day in this role looks like:
- Performing extended characterization of reference standards to support qualification and stability testing.
- Developing methods to support the characterization of new modalities.
- Effectively engage with others and work in cross-functional teams to support analytical method development.
- Designing and executing method qualifications and oversight of qualified instruments.
- Writing SOPs, Summary of analysis, reports and recording information in a GxP controlled environment.
- Documenting experiments, results, and findings in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Presenting work at group and department meetings.
- Participating in the lab and instrument maintenance.
This role may be for you if:
- You have familiarity with GxP requirements in assay execution, method qualification, instrument maintenance and documentation; concept of method qualification and qualified instruments preferred.
- You are hardworking, efficient, flexible, and able to perform key responsibilities in a fast-paced, team environment.
- You have the ability and passion for independently learning new methods and software.
- You can demonstrate the ability to plan, design, implement and analyze laboratory experimentation to advance projects, and having experience with statistical and experimental design, molecular modeling, graphing, and mathematical analysis software is a plus.
- You have experience in or collaboration with the biopharmaceutical industry.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare slides and author reports and manuscripts for internal and external presentations.
In order to be considered qualified for this role, you must have a MS with 8+ industry years or PhD and 0-2 years experience. Experience in analytical method development and analyzing proteins and/or mRNA with mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography and capillary electrophoresis method is crucial. Experience in spectroscopic (e.g. CD, fluorescence, and/or FTIR) and size-based (e.g. light scattering) principles and applications for the analysis of proteins, is preferred. Familiarity with other types of HPLC separations (e.g. RP, AEX, IP-RP) is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$103,600.00 - $169,000.00