bioSeedin is a subsidiary of ACROBiosystems Inc, a worldwide leader in developing and manufacturing recombinant proteins and critical reagents/assays to support drug development and clinical applications. We are committed to excellence in providing quality products and services and accelerating the process of therapeutic development.
bioSeedin, one of the most preeminent drug asset management, public relations, and financial advisory firms for biotech and pharmaceutical companies, operates across North America, Europe, and Asia. Based on hosting the annual Biopharmaceutical Developer Innovation Conference, the largest and most influential conference in Asia, bioSeedin aggregates industrial resources across 6000 pharmaceutical enterprises worldwide. The firm provides asset management services via licensing in and out, co-developmental partner sourcing, and project implementation, as well as advising on public relations management, market-entry, and investment strategy.
bioSeedin aims to be the supreme asset transaction platform for our global clients. By facilitating R&D efficiency, maximizing research resources and funding, and emerging market access to deliver therapeutics faster and benefit our patients worldwide.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager/Associate as a partner to contribute to our company goals and customer needs. The Business Development Manager/Associate will lead bioSeedin licensing services and deal negotiations in the US, Europe, and other regions where appropriate. You will leverage and strengthen a broad industry network to promote bioSeedin as licensing partner and PR platform and be partner with potential licensor and licensee for the deal closing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proactively monitor the external business environment and maintain a knowledge base of licensing transactions and other company activities.
- Build and foster customer relationships by emails, presentations, cold calling, conference attending, and onsite visits where appropriate.
- Identify and evaluate asset opportunities with Team’s collaboration and support.
- Maintain accurate customer data in CRM.
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships, lead contract negotiation and project management to ensure that key risks and opportunities are identified, captured, and presented in an unbiased manner for decision makers.
- Promote bioSeedin as a licensing partner of choice at business partnering meetings and scientific conferences.
- Collaborate with Acro internal team for the potential opportunities.
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Master, PhD, or MD in biological or biomedical sciences.
- 5+ years of industry (a minimum of 2 years in Business Development) experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or venture capital.
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese required.
- Scientific expertise in drug development and a profound understanding of assets covered in deals and alliances.
- Proven track record in sourcing, structuring, negotiating, and closing diverse types of partnerships.
- Established networking in academic institutions, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and the venture capital community.
- Experience in fast-paced and multicultural organizations were working across boundaries and leading by influence are keys to success.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- CRO (pre-clinical CRO)’s BD is preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
- Team player, ability to work efficiently and proactively with a global team (potentially request to coordinate with the EU and Asia client or teammate).
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Passion for driving projects to conclusion.
- Self-motivated and proactive in reaching out to prospective clients.
- Able to interact with the biotech and pharma ecosystem to evaluate science and trigger opportunities.
- Passion for corporate growth, and entrepreneurial mindset.
- $90,000 to $110,000 DOE plus bonus.