At Corcept Therapeutics, we believe the potential impact of cortisol modulation on the future of health has long gone overlooked. That is why for twenty-five years we have pushed the boundaries of what is possible, driven by fiercely independent science, open collaboration and the curiosity to follow the data wherever it leads.
Our company is committed to building a culture that values diverse perspectives and the unique contributions of every employee. Our vibrant community is made up of over 300 people—medical practitioners, scientists, and industry professionals—all with the shared goal of advancing the science of cortisol modulation to treat serious disease.
Our work has uncovered over 1000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators, including our marketed product, Korlym® (mifepristone), the first treatment available for those living with Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening condition caused by excess cortisol activity. Today, we have a unique opportunity to revolutionize the treatment of severe endocrine, oncology, metabolism and neurology disorders and aim to deliver better outcomes for the people affected by them.
The Senior Director, Pipeline & Portfolio Market Planning will be responsible for advancing Corcept’s pipeline via commercial and strategic leadership to individual programs and the portfolio overall.
- Lead and build a team of talented market planners responsible for maximizing the potential of Corcept’s pipeline programs
- Portfolio Planning & Management
- Work across the company to ensure each program has a strategic direction and path to market in place
- Lead portfolio level and program level strategy projects and initiatives as needed in support of maximizing portfolio value. Collaborate with stakeholders in resolving issues and risks with portfolio programs
- Create portfolio views (e.g. annual Board review, quarterly management review, integrated portfolio timeline, integrated portfolio revenue, etc.) with regular reporting
- Manage portfolio processes to facilitate Executive Team-level decision making, strategy, and budgeting. Drive portfolio process improvements
- Liaison for Commercial functions on the Development Extended Leadership Team
- Pipeline Market Planning
- Develop data-driven insights and recommendations to support leadership in navigating complex, ambiguous business decisions
- Provide physician, patient, and payer perspective into clinical strategy and planning
- Develop & maintain long-range revenue forecasts and valuations for new programs
- Conduct product opportunity assessments, including business development opportunities
- Synthesize data from various sources including primary market research, secondary data, and analytics into actionable insights
- Evaluate ex-US pricing potential and commercial opportunity for pipeline products
- New Product Planning
- Provide commercial leadership for development of pipeline programs and lifecycle extensions of on-market products
- Serve as a bridge between Commercial groups and Development. Facilitate stakeholder alignment to see opportunities taken from ideas to development programs in partnership with Commercial Division leadership teams
- Advocate for new programs that enhance portfolio value
- Engage KOLs for market insights to inform development strategy and for continuous feedback on the market landscape during clinical development to ensure successful market introduction
- Manage the process of creating target product profiles (TPPs) and label goals. Work directly with the product development team to influence clinical protocol development to ensure alignment with TPPs.
- Ensure early commercial strategies are developed, in partnership with Commercial Division leadership (e.g., early brand strategy, distribution strategy, patient advocacy engagement, scientific messaging, etc.). Lead these activities for early-stage programs and as-needed in partnership with Divisions
- Business Development
- Conduct asset assessments for business development opportunities
- Lead initial Corcept deal team as part of BD diligence efforts
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Technical Proficiencies:
- Ability to master new therapeutic areas across multiple perspectives including clinical, commercial, and regulatory.
- Significant analytic skills with ability to clearly distill scientific, clinical, and commercial information into actionable insights. Ability and experience in conducting market assessments of new opportunities. Solid understanding of market research principles.
- Ability to lead, influence, and gain consensus in a cross-functional team environment. Capable of building strong rapport with development teams
- Fluent in the relationship between clinical trial design, label development, and promotional messaging.
- Strong management & leadership skills: ability to recruit talent and grow & lead a team of high performance individuals.
- Good communication skills; ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Understanding of industry code of conduct and ethics
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced science degree preferred. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years in drug/biotech industry
- 7 - 10 years of relevant professional experience in roles such as new product planning, market planning, and/or portfolio management
- Experience in a commercial leadership role that required comprehensive understanding of therapeutic markets from multiple customer perspectives (e.g., HCP, Payers, Patients) and/or different business perspectives (e.g., clinical, R&D, marketing)
- Leadership experience on drug development teams. Strong understanding of the drug development process for early through late-stage programs
- Knowledge of sales and marketing
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is $242,600 - $285,400; the pay ultimately offered may vary based on legitimate considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other wellness benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer