Mammoth Biosciences is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Scientist I/II to join our expanding off-target team. You will be at the forefront of advancing our understanding and optimizing Mammoth’s proprietary gene-editing technology, with a particular focus on measuring and minimizing off-target effects. Your expertise and leadership will be pivotal in developing innovative solutions to enhance the precision and safety of gene editing, revolutionizing the field of genome engineering. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and conduct in-depth research to investigate off-target effects associated with Mammoth nucleases across various cell types and organisms. Design and execute experiments to characterize off-target events of DSB and non-DSB technologies and identify novel strategies to minimize them effectively
- Develop, test, and optimize Mammoth’s gene-editing tools to enhance on-target specificity and reduce off-target cleavage
- Analyze complex genomic datasets, employing bioinformatics tools and computational methods to identify and annotate off-target sites. Interpret data and draw meaningful conclusions to guide further research efforts
- Design and oversee validation studies to assess the efficacy and safety of newly developed CRISPR reagents and protocols in relevant biological systems. Validate protocols for regulatory submissions
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including molecular biologists, cell biologists, bioinformaticians, to integrate off-target findings into ongoing research projects and therapeutic programs
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in CRISPR and genome-editing technologies. Attend scientific conferences, present research findings, and publish in reputable peer-reviewed journals
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines and ethical standards concerning genome editing and gene therapy
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or a related field with a strong focus on genome editing technologies
- 4 years minimum postdoc or industry experience
- Proven expertise in gene editing technology, with a specialization in off-target analysis and optimization.
- 4 years experience in experimental design, execution, and data analysis related to genome editing and molecular biology techniques.
- 3 years experience leading and mentoring scientists and collaborating cross functionally
- Ability to perform wet lab responsibilities
- Experience in utilizing bioinformatics tools and software for the analysis of genomic data and CRISPR off-target prediction.
- Strong track record of scientific publications and contributions to the field of genome editing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for innovation in gene-editing technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to present complex scientific concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Base Salary Range: $142,500 - $185,000
The listed base salary range is for Mammoth employees in the Bay Area. Actual base salary will be determined by geographic work location, relevant professional experience, applicable skills, and internal equity. The base salary range for those working remotely outside of the San Francisco Bay Area may differ and will be determined by industry market data for the role and specific region.
Mammoth Biosciences is a biotechnology company focused on leveraging its proprietary ultracompact CRISPR systems to develop long-term curative therapies, as well as other applications such as decentralized precision diagnostics. Founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington, the company’s ultracompact proteins are designed to enable in vivo
gene editing in difficult to reach tissues utilizing both nuclease applications and new editing modalities beyond double stranded breaks, including base editing, gene writing, and epigenetic editing. The company is building out its pipeline of potential in vivo
gene editing therapeutics and capabilities and has partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to broaden the reach of its innovative and proprietary technology. Mammoth’s deep science and industry experience, along with a robust and differentiated intellectual property portfolio, have enabled the company to further its mission to transform the lives of patients and deliver on the full promise of CRISPR technologies.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.