Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a hands-on, experienced, and visionary Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist to work as part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and fast paced team. The objective of this team is to develop and apply machine learning (ML) models and data analysis tools across ReCode’s proprietary lipid nanoparticle data sets to identify optimal LNPs and genetic payloads for better targeting. The successful candidate will develop and implement ML models as well as leverage data analysis and transformation tools to support clinical discovery and development across several cutting edge programs in the gene editing and mRNA therapeutics space.
The successful candidate must have a strong foundation in data science and experience in applying machine learning and deep learning models in either biotechnology fields, or fields with smaller but higher quality datasets. This position has significant visibility and potential for growth in a dynamic organization, as well as the opportunity to have a high impact in developing new clinical candidates.
- Work with leadership to develop the vision and strategic plan for ReCode’s machine learning platform, driving novel discoveries in RNA therapeutics.
- Build data pipelines, and develop system and protocol for data warehousing across the organization
- Develop and apply ML models to solve the needs and challenges specific to discovery and development of gene editing and RNA medicines.
- Work with RNA biologists, the high throughput screening team, and the NGS team to acquire appropriate datasets to train, build, and refine machine learning models.
- Utilize deep understanding of scientific literature and concepts to drive innovation for LNP design.
- Ensure effective training and validation of large deep learning models at scale.
- Partner across the organization to align data generation with infrastructure, innovative approaches, and data integration strategies.
- M.S. or Ph.D. (Ph.D. preferred) in data science machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematical modeling, physics, computational biology, operations research, or related field
- Strong experience in data science & machine learning required
- Experience applying machine learning required
- Proven ability to apply ML models to leverage smaller, but high quality datasets and deeply informed views on areas for potential creativity, and a high degree of flexibility in structuring models and workflows to adapt to experimental needs and data streams.
- Demonstrated mastery of applying broad array machine learning techniques, including deep learning, and other approaches such as tree-based classifications, across a variety of ML architectures, data libraries, and cloud-computing development environments
- Experience with applications in biotechnology, preferred
Salary Range: *150-175K
*Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.