HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Manager, Contract and Pricing Execution
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a key member of US Value and Access (USV&A) within the Managed Care Operations (MCO) team.
This primary responsibilities for this position includes partnering with external consultants, MCO staff and cross-functional teams to build out an efficient and scalable dispute process within the Payer space and assist with our operationalization of 340B and Formulary Validation strategies.
- Operates within a fast-paced environment and closely collaborates with several cross-functional groups including IS, Payer Contracting, Coverage and Pricing, Market Access, Government Pricing, Finance and Legal
- Support the evolution of Amgens payer dispute process, which includes but is not limited to the development of tracking and reporting capabilities
- Assist the 340B process workstream as needed, which includes evaluating operational feasibility and compliance, driving process design and documentation, partnering with various stakeholders to implement new and updated processes, and effectively communicating progress updates to various levels of management in a timely manner
- Assist manager with the MCO teams efforts in developing a robust, scalable and efficient Formulary Validation execution process across all applicable payers
- Develop spreadsheet models for moderately complex financial analyses, deliver formal presentations, lead special projects, participate in rebate contract development and review
- Participate in Phase 2 (Validata) system implementation efforts associated with our upgraded rebate management system, which includes but not limited to, working with 3rd party vendor in business testing of functional requirements, documentation of formal testing, communicating issues and/or defects, and supplying insights in ongoing project meetings
- Position will require influencing staff and other teams without formal supervisory responsibilities to ensure rebate payments and project timelines are delivered in a timely manner
- Partner with manager to define new, value-added responsibilities for this role as the processes mature
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The contract and pricing professional we seek is a strategic individual with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or transaction processing operations experience
- 4+ years of experience in sales & marketing, finance/accounting, commercial contracts or sales operations experience
- Commercial experience or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment with emphasis in Sales and Marketing
- Knowledge of the 340B Drug Pricing Program, commercial drug discount space and rebate operations preferable
- Ability to indirectly influence staff and provide clear and concise expectations to ensure program timelines and deliverable are achieved
- Track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volumes of data into substantial information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and leads a project from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically (can see the big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- Tolerance and navigating through ambiguous situations
- Strong presentation skills
- Can effectively articulate and influence a meeting outcome with internal partners with some managerial support
- Standout colleague, looks for ways to support team members
- Ability to take the initiative, problem solve, work independently, and exercise appropriate business judgment
- Strong investigative, and organizational skills to prioritize multiple contending interests
- Data monitoring, analysis and validation skills
- Optimally represents their team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations associated with relevant legal issues
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $112,544 - $164,690.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.