This role will be based onsite at AbbVie's Headquarters in Lake County, IL.
- Provides advanced administrative support to VP level or equivalent. May provide backup support to other staff as needed.
- Monitors and prioritizes executives’ email, highlights actions and routinely authors responses.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and legal guidelines.
- Follows company purchasing and other established procedures and assists with managing POs and contracts for services.
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform assigned work. Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including Corporate Travel website and other programs.
- Coordinates new employee office setups and onboarding.
- Professionally interacts with high level executives.
- Consistently handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Maintains and manages calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Processes expense reports.
- Large group meeting/event planning.
- Creates or edits business documents including power point presentations.
- Uses team SharePoint site for document organization.
- Arranges teleconference/telepresence meetings and computer/phone/cell setups.
- At least 3 years of administrative assistant related experience. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience providing support to a VP level professional or equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Self-starter able to function at a high level with general instruction.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of assigned group as necessary to enable effective and efficient Legal team operations.
- Team-oriented, can-do attitude and desire to be productive contributor to overall organization.
- Learns quickly and can change course quickly when needed.
- Open to suggestions and innovation for improvement.
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This position is based in AbbVie’s North Chicago, Illinois office.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to AbbVie’s Office of Ethics and Compliance team, specifically in Aesthetics and Enterprise Compliance.
- Team includes compliance leads in Lake County, ABV1, California, New Jersey and international locations.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.