Who We Are >>> Why You Should Work With Us
Olema Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of targeted therapies for women’s cancers. Olema’s lead product candidate, palazestrant (OP-1250), is a proprietary, orally-available small molecule with dual activity as both a complete estrogen receptor (ER) antagonist (CERAN) and a selective ER degrader (SERD). It is currently being evaluated both as a single agent in an ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial, and in combination with CDK4/6 inhibitors (palbociclib and ribociclib) and a PI3Ka inhibitor (alpelisib), in patients with recurrent, locally advanced or metastatic ER-positive (ER+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-) breast cancer. Palazestrant has been granted FDA Fast Track designation for the treatment of ER+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer that has progressed following one or more lines of endocrine therapy with at least one line given in combination with a CDK4/6 inhibitor. Olema is headquartered in San Francisco and has operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit us at www.olema.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Onto something big, together. Olema is made up of people who are passionate beyond measure. Each and every day, we come together to do amazing things – for each other, for science, and for women with cancer.
Our modern hybrid workplace model encourages employees to split their week between working from home and at our lab/office, while also providing several allowances to help with both home office and commute expenses.
While at the lab/office, our teams build their camaraderie, opening the door for more authentic mentorship and career development opportunities. While at home, employees can make the most of their time – whether that’s picking up the kids from school, going on a mid-day run, or catching up on chores. Through this model, we strive to offer our employees the best of both work models.
About the Role >>> Senior Director of Clinical Supply Chain
As the Senior Director of Clinical Supply Chain reporting to the VP of CMC, you will have ownership and oversight of all aspects of the clinical supply chain to ensure uninterrupted and timely clinical drug supply for all Olema’s clinical programs. This will include supply chain development; global supply demand and inventory management; operations; and oversight of label development, and package manufacturing, and finished product distribution.
This hands-on role requires an independent self-starer with extensive experience on clinical supply chain management. The role will be based out of our San Francisco office and require occasional travel.
Your work will primarily encompass:
- Provide technical, functional, and project leadership on clinical supply chain development, supply manufacturing, and CDMO management.
- Develop and implement global Clinical Supply Chain strategies and deliver clinical supplies for all phases of clinical development.
- Manage global inventories, shipping, and third-party manufacturers / logistics providers.
- Work collaboratively with CMC, Clinical Operation, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Finance and Legal.
- Identify supply chain risks, escalate if needed, and close out risk items.
- Stay current with state-of-the art approaches and applicable global regulations and industry standards.
Ideal Candidate Profile >>> Late Phase Clinical Supply Knowledge
A love of challenging, important work. We are a pragmatic team, driven to imagine and develop meaningful therapies for improving lives. All employees within our company play a unique and crucial role in our success, both in accomplishing our mission and building a positive company culture. As such, we are looking for someone with the right combination of knowledge, experience, and attributes for this role.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Late phase clinical development and global clinical supply chain management experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- 15+ years of biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience in clinical supply chain management.
- Expertise in late-phase clinical supply chain development and management, inventory management and third-party logistics oversight.
- Extensive experience managing forecast demands and inventories.
- Strong experience on clinical label development, global shipping and customs.
- Excellent project management skills.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated successful partnerships with the Clinical Operations team to deliver in the late phase of drug development.
- High level of curiosity and intelligence; highly analytical.
- Self-starter with great initiative who’s able to work independently and deliver on follow-through.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; able to work cross-functionally.
- Driven to meet goals.
- Able to multi-task and shift priorities rapidly to meet tight deadlines.
- Aspires to the highest level of scientific and ethical standards.
- Keen to improve processes and overcome inefficiencies.
This role is available at either the director or senior director level. The base pay range for this position is expected to be $250,000 - $270,000 annually, however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market, job related knowledge, skills and capabilities, and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity, bonus, and benefits.
Important Information >>>
We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and believe that great ideas and discoveries come from a mix of expertise, background, and experience. Olema is building a culture where the value of difference is celebrated.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, seeking to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower employees and provide them with a platform to develop their long-term careers. A Summary of Benefits is available for all applicants.
Olema also requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations. The health and safety of our employees is important to us!
Please note: Olema doesn’t accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
Additional Note/Fraud Alert: Olema will not conduct interviews via text message or messaging platforms and will not ask you to download anything as part of your interview. Though we use third party tools to help with advertising our jobs, please be vigilant in checking that the communication is in fact coming from Olema.