We’re seeking a Build Engineer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you’d play a key role in supporting scientific testing and scientific validation that runs at scale. Schrödinger’s strength is science, but we couldn’t have advanced scientific innovation without a set of strong engineering principles. A robust underlying technical platform is critical to the success of the company.
Who will love this job:
- An accomplished Python coder who also understands compiled languages like C/C++
- A developer who’s bothered by code that is difficult to test
- A Linux system aficionado who’s familiar with either Windows or macOS (or willing to learn more)
- A cloud computing pro who has development experience at the AWS associate level or equivalent
- A savvy engineer who’s knowledgeable about a variety of development tools like Pulumi, Docker, and Hashicorp’s tools
- A build system adept (e.g., Nomad, Github Actions, Terraform, Ansible) who has experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or buildbot)
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain infrastructure for large scale scientific testing on the cloud
- Automate deploys, builds and tests to push drug discovery and materials development forward
- Provide a platform that enables the work of scientific software developers
What you should have:
- At least two years of professional experience with software development (either direct work in infrastructure or a strong interest in moving towards this area)
- An interest in science! No prior knowledge is needed, however
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $130,000 - $165,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.