The GMA Immunology Portfolio Execution team focus on defining and continually evolving the portfolio approach with a ‘One Immunology’ mindset across the GMA Immunology team. This position will be part of a team responsible for developing and implementing an integrated Immunology medical proposition that differentiates AbbVie, unifies the portfolio, and benefits each Therapeutic Area.
The role will support the Immunology strategy allowing us to accelerate the transition and maintain a portfolio mindset as new assets, new diseases and approaches integrate. Establishing AbbVie as a leader from past legacy into an impactful portfolio approach; capable of treating various patient profiles, conditions, and disease manifestations.
- Provides guidance on AbbVie’s Portfolio Leadership in Immunology with accountability across the Immunology team to orchestrate strategic and innovative projects that span across multiple therapeutic areas or indication teams around core common areas.
- Med Ed Congress Planning and Execution: Continue to evolve the roll-out and execution of a conference roadmap, including consistent One Immunology approach to the creation of key conference deliverables.
- Support cross functional teams and collaborations in the development and execution of strategic initiatives requiring integration of multiple sub-projects within the TA or Medical Affairs function.
- Contributes to the development of and leads the execution of the evolving Medical Education environment establishing an aligned platform for all TAs bringing value to global area and affiliate stakeholders.
- ·Facilitate the engagement with critical cross-functional stakeholders* to enable consistent, high value ways of working and clear communication on roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to digital evolution within medical affairs, supporting affiliate onboarding on leveraging new opportunities within the omnichannel environment.
- May include accurate and detailed medical review of complex advertising and promotional materials for assigned therapeutic area(s) within Medical Affairs. Provides timely and accurate reviews of promotional materials in accordance with established policies and practice standards, including regulatory guidelines to meet customer needs.
- Advanced Degree PhD, PharmD, PA, NP highly preferred. Residency or additional post doctorate experience highly preferred.
- Typically 8 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent; substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area required.
- Knowledge of medical in field team working, scientific interaction plans, customer experience flow development and implementation within Veeva.
- Familiarity with omnichannel and multichannel processes and their role within medical affairs.
- Interactions normally require the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects and schedules, etc.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- May interact with and coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects.
- Represents AbbVie at external meetings including investigator meetings, scientific association meetings, etc.
- Works with some supervision and guidance. Exercises judgment within well-defined practices and policies.
*Key Stakeholders: Marketing; GMA across Immunology; MPM; Field medical excellence; Area and Affiliate medical teams.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.