HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Security Manager, Executive ServicesLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will oversee Amgen's Executive Security program. In this capacity, the Manager will lead the team providing security and protection for our C-Suite and VIP Executives, as well as providing regular Security services themselves. This role includes oversight and accountability of security for our Executive Space on our HQ Campus, regular driving of our Executives and VIPs, and travel with our CEO and other C-Suite Executives, as well as creating pre-travel security briefings, running necessary intelligence for specific engagements, and other key Security services and tasks. In addition to leading the existing Security professional staff, the Security Manager, Executive Services will help to further define, shape and document the standard protocols and processes of this program. They will partner with a team of partners, including Sr. Executive Assistants, Corporate Aviation, Travel, Global Security, and others to enhance our existing program and find new opportunities to improve and standardize our processes. This manager will engage with our Global Security Leadership Team in providing updates and key security information and will report to the VP of Global Security and Chief Security Officer.
- Manages team of two staff, providing Executive Security and Services
- Oversees Executive Space Security management
- Regularly travels with CEO on domestic trips, with potential for some international travel
- Provides regular driving and security service to CEO and other executives, along with staff
- Manages assignment of Executive Security resources on trips in partnership with Sr Executive Assistant(s)
- Oversees completion of all pre-trip intelligence briefings, per standard process
- Establishes regular intelligence monitoring, beyond travel, for CEO and other executives (as required)
- Leads regular Electronic Sweeps of Executive Space and Board Room
- Defines necessary programs, processes, and standards for Executive Security and protection
- Manages schedules for Executive Security Services team
- Document well defined roles, standards and program capabilities for organization, and find opportunities to expand critical services with existing resources
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The security professional we seek is a manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of security experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of security experience
Associates degree and 10 years of security experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of security experiencePreferred Qualifications:
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- Extensive experience in direct security and/or personal security and protection services
- Bachelors degree in, business, or any other highly quantitative field
- Experience working for a Global corporation or other high profile organization
- Experience in defining and creating policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written skills
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $102,859 - $116,327.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.