We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
We are looking for a Senior Accountant, focused on SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting. This person will be responsible for the preparation of the Company’s external reports, including the quarterly and annual reports on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K and conducting technical accounting research and benchmarking. This position will collaborate with corporate, segment, and site-specific finance personnel, as well as legal and human resources. This position will also manage the accounting and reporting for stock-incentive plans and our employee stock purchase program.
- Assist with the preparation and management of all aspects of SEC reporting, including preparation of 10-Ks and 10-Qs, preparation of 8-Ks, preparation of disclosure checklists, footnote preparation, and tie-outs.
- Support effective preparation of the quarterly earnings releases and other investor relations presentations.
- Perform technical research on complex accounting and reporting topics and prepare documentation around the reporting under US GAAP.
- Draft and maintain global accounting policies.
- Provide support to external auditors during audits and interim reviews. Coordinate requests and manage the flow of information and documentation.
- Maintain appropriate standards of internal control to ensure the accuracy and quality of financial statements produced and in support of SOX compliance efforts.
- Manage the Company’s accounting for consolidated equity and assist in various stock plan activities as needed.
- Support Legal in the preparation of the annual Proxy Statement.
- Support consolidations and corporate accounting teams as needed.
- Other special projects and duties as requested or assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in accounting
- CPA license strongly desirable
- Big 4 or large national accounting firm experience preferred
- 2-5 years total finance and accounting experience including expert knowledge of US GAAP principals and financial statement preparation. Big Four public accounting and U.S. public company mix preferred
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles, with some exposure to SEC reporting regulations, lease accounting, stock-based compensation, and revenue accounting principles
- Expert use of Microsoft Office suite of products (Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with OneStream and/or other query or report writing tools and data extraction reporting tools
- Experience with Workiva
- Experience with E*TRADE stock platform a plus but not required
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence in communication skills, including business writing
- Team-oriented and openness to developing working relationships across an organization
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.