As part of the global benefits team, this position designs, develops, communicates and manages the administration of benefits programs, including retirement, health & welfare and Vitality/well-being programs for AbbVie employees and retirees in the United States and other select countries.
The benefits team as part of the global Total Rewards team seeks to deliver forward-thinking benefits globally that support our Talent Philosophy and Total Rewards Guiding Principles to attract and retain top talent, support the diverse needs of employees through their life and career stages, and respond to the rapidly changing business and economic environment.
- Responsible for health and welfare data analytics including becoming a “super” user of external data warehouse and health plan reporting systems, developing reports, analyzing statistical and financial results in the development of medical premiums and contributions and preparing executive summaries to aid in the development of new and existing benefit programs.
- Use data and analytics to optimize vendor management and support communication of the value of benefit programs (telling the story). Lead benefit program development and recommendations using competitive data, industry trends, costs, and employee experience for AbbVie employees and retirees. Determine opportunities to improve AbbVie benefit plans and employee and retiree experience through new or enhanced programs, processes, vendors and tools. Support M&A initiatives.
- Manage benefit programs and represent AbbVie as primary contact with benefit vendors and other outside entities, primarily small to medium-sized vendors. Manage relationships. Develop contracts, establish performance goals, ensure high quality delivery of benefits services. Assesses performance through financial, utilization, outcomes, and quality data analyses. Keep mgt informed of issues or potential employee impacts. Review all vendor generated employee comms.
- Work with purchasing, the outsourcing center of excellence (OCOE), and external consultants for specific projects to ensure appropriate scope, fees and deliverables. Support all aspects of the annual renewals, including development of vendor renewals, new vendor selection, report cards, etc.
- Work closely with HRConnect to optimize the employee, retiree and new hires with benefit programs, including portal content, HRConnect consultant FAQs, coordination with other vendor call centers and identifying process improvement opportunities. Provide Tier 3 support. Draft individual employee specific communications as needed for escalated issues.
- Project manage implementation of new programs or the annual enrollment process, including system changes, HRConnect support needs, portal content, communication plan, live events/ benefits fairs/ café crashes, meeting room logistics, vendor coordination, etc. Manage cross-functional implementation teams.
- Develop and deliver presentations to employees, managers and retirees on benefits as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable country and company policies and procedures.
- Manage vendor/program financial trends, provide input into budgeting, fringe and LBE annual processes.
- Act as liaison with AbbVie stakeholders including talent deployment, talent acquisition, legal, finance, treasury, accounting, EH&S, and the business to ensure success of benefit programs.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use data to tell a story. Proficient with a range of analytical tools. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong program and vendor management skills, ability to form strong relationships with vendors and manage day-to-day tasks, implementations, and changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area.
- Individual contributor. Will indirectly manage others via project leadership.
- Position requires 5+ years of retirement, health & welfare, or well-being experience. Post undergraduate certifications such as CEBS, PHR or SPHR, ASA or FSA are a plus.
- Project management skills. Experience leading projects or implementations.
- Strong critical thinking skills, consulting experience and a proven record of putting together strategic, operational, or tactical recommendations.
- Ability to present to large groups of employees and manager. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Disposition to work in a highly diverse environment with potential for cross-cultural and communication barriers.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Able to multi-task in a face paced environment.
Key Stakeholders: Total Rewards, Business Human Resources, HRConnect, HR Communication, Finance, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, Consulting Partners and Vendors.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.