Seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join AbbVie’s DNA Encoded Library (DEL) effort in our Drug Discovery Science and Technology (DDST) organization at our corporate headquarters located in the Chicago area. This scientist will be working in a cross-functional team to contribute to the application, evolution, and transformation of the DEL platform. The applicant should be highly skilled in DEL data analysis and have demonstrable experience in successfully developing and applying computational tools to library design and screening data analysis. He/she should have a solid understanding and knowledge of all informatics aspects of the DEL technology platform. The candidate should be able to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team environment and can productively manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-evolving project landscape.
This position will play a key role in advancing our DEL technologies as part of a collaborative and energetic research team. The DEL scientist will have a direct impact on advancing AbbVie's pipeline and strengthening our capabilities for patients.
This position is ideally based our of our primary headquarters in Lake County, IL (north of Chicago) but remote and hybrid work options will be open to discussion for experienced candidates.
- Contribute to the direction and evolution of AbbVie's DEL platform strategy.
- Lead the screening data analysis and hit triage, and work closely with the chemists.
- Provide leadership on computational efforts to design DNA encoded libraries.
- Collaborate with computational scientists to acquire, develop, and implement computational tools and workflows to strengthen our data analysis and hit triage process.
- Contribute to the development and application of new methodologies (e.g., machine learning models) to strengthen our DEL data analysis efforts by evaluating large selection datasets.
- Work together with protein biochemistry, biophysics, screen team and chemistry team for hit follow-up (post selection on-DNA hit confirmation strategies).
- Create effective working relationships in a cross functional environment.
- PhD in Synthetic or Medicinal Chemistry or related field required.
- In-depth knowledge and at least 4 years’ experience in all aspects of the DNA-encoded Library platform (i.e., Library design, DEL selections, Next generation Sequencing NGS, data analysis, DEL hit confirmation strategies).
- Experience in cheminformatics, computational chemistry, data science is strongly preferred.
- Authored in scientific publications and patent applications in successfully applying DEL technology for hit generation against targets of pharmaceutical relevance.
- Solid understanding of DNA encoded libraries, protein sciences, biophysics, and enzymology.
- Hands-on programming skills in Python, RD Kit, R, and similar is a plus.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.