Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening disease. Eikon's discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins of proteins as drug targets.
We are seeking a Clinical Scientist that will lead the scientific planning and collaborate with both Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Clinical Operations in the execution of one or more clinical trials or significant aspects thereof. In this position, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership, technical skills, and scientific acumen as part of a cross-functional clinical development team. You will be a key contributor in the clinical science activities of evidence generation for regulatory approval and/or engagement with physicians, including protocol development, study implementation, data analysis and reporting of results.
You are a data driven and collaborative integrator that is passionate about driving development and execution of therapeutic strategy that enables innovative pipeline impact and delivery of transformative medicines to patients. You have exemplary communication and presentation skills and can lead study development by applying the most current electronic document conventions/processes consistently to ensure scientific and data integrity.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for leading specific aspects of clinical/scientific execution of clinical protocol(s).
- Serving as the lead clinical scientist on the clinical trial team.
- Leading medical monitoring team in review and interpretation of clinical data/medical protocol deviations in collaboration with Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance.
- Collaborating cross-functionally in the development of Protocol and related study materials (e.g., ICF documents / amendments); partnering with Clinical Operations on study deliverables.
- Ensure CRF design supports data collection in alignment with the Protocol in collaboration with Clinical Data Management/Programming.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to monitor clinical data to ensure quality, completeness, and integrity of trial conduct.
- Providing tactical/scientific mentorship to other clinical scientists.
- Responsible for assisting with the generation, analysis, and presentation of clinical data, including manuscripts, abstracts, and oral presentations (including authoring documents and slide preparation as appropriate).
- Apply proficient analytical knowledge and skills to understand how program objectives and design impact data analysis; identifies risks and designs mitigation strategies.
- Promotes consistent first line medical/clinical data review techniques and conventions across studies/programs.
- Master’s degree in life sciences + 3 years clinical drug development experience, or PhD, Pharm D, RN degree.
- Solid knowledge of clinical research regulatory requirements (e.g., GCP and ICH).
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with good planning, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret clinical trial data and synthesize conclusions.
- Proficient scientific expertise to propose, design, and execute clinical research and development studies, and authors documents related to clinical trials, such as medical monitoring plan, SAPs, informed consent and clinical components of the Clinical Study Reports.
- Interact with key stakeholders across Clinical Development functional areas.
- Role requires proactive approach, strategic thinking and leadership in driving toward clinical study goals.
- Influence opinions and decisions of internal and external customers / vendors, across functional areas.
- Problem solving, prioritization, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication, technical writing, and presentation skills experience.
- Experience within oncology preferred.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $164,00 to $189,000 depending on skills, competency and the market demand for your expertise.