Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
ReCode Therapeutics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Project Team Leader (PTL) to lead projects and portfolio related initiatives. You must have the ability to work independently and to be an effective and engaged drug development leader in a dynamic, collaborative, cross-functional environment. This role will report into VP Translational Sciences and Portfolio Strategy but will require direct engagement with functional leaders throughout the company.
- Lead cross-functional Project Teams focused on the development of novel therapeutics to harness the capabilities of the SORT platform
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop project vision, strategy, milestones, risk assessment and management strategies, as well as investment (budget) requirements
- Utilize your deep understanding of biology, patient unmet needs, and global drug development to effectively provide both strategic and scientific leadership to the Project Teams and Sub-teams as well as oversight of program deliverables and successful execution to timelines
- Initiate and lead/contribute to critical cross-functional strategic initiatives to support ReCode’s end-to-end project team system and drive innovation in accordance with ReCode values
- Help drive ReCode’s presence in relevant external-facing activities to enhance program success and ensure ReCode’s position as a thought leader in disease areas of interest, with a patient-centered focus
- Strategize and deliver on multiple regulatory filings in support of clinical development programs in rare diseases with a novel therapeutic modality
Who You Are:
You’re someone who wants to influence and improve approaches to drug development strategy and execution by bringing a thoughtful, data-driven, cross-functional approach to your leadership. You have the ability to understand translational model systems and leverage learnings to optimize program strategy and development. You are a highly self-motivated leader looking for a growth-minded company where you will have the opportunity to enhance innovation and efficiency for bringing genetic medicines to patients who need them, and to help expand the potential of a novel therapeutic platform.
- Advanced degree in life sciences or medicine (PhD/MD/PharmD preferred)
- At least 10 years of industry experience, including 2-3 years experience as a global project team leader with a demonstrated track-record of leading teams in a matrixed environment during early phases of drug development. Specific experience in respiratory or rare disease a plus, but not required.
- Possess a strong ability to cultivate excellent cross-functional collaborations
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills are essential
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a proven ability to work with executive management will also be critical to the success of the role
- Highly self-motivated and able to independently and effectively drive for results
- Ability to work remote, but ideal if co-located within PST time zone and able to come onsite at regular intervals to enhance cross-functional collaboration
Salary Range: *220-230K
*Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.