HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.Senior Director, Commercialization Model InnovationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will drive the orchestration, monitoring, continuous improvement, and transformation of Amgens Commercialization Model.
Amgens Commercialization Model is the cross-functional process to bring molecules from the lab through the clinic to patients around the globe. It includes how we make cross-functional program and portfolio decisions (governance), how cross-functional teams work together to craft strategy and implement, and overall, how we ensure we are enhancing the value of our pipeline.
Amgen is seeking a Senior Director, Commercialization Model Innovation based in our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA (with flexibility on location). This is a global role in the Portfolio Management team within the Commercialization department and reports to the Executive Director of Portfolio Management.
The Senior Director, Commercialization Model Innovation is responsible to drive the orchestration, measurement, continuous improvement, and transformation of the Commercialization Model with the aim of optimizing for Speed, Value and Efficiency.
The Senior Director will manage a small team and will partner with Product Teams, Governance Teams, Commercialization Program Management leaders, and others in the Commercialization process to 1) support the efficient advancement of programs, 2) ensure robust measurement of the process (qualitative and quantitative), 3) find opportunities for simplification, improvement or transformation, 4) implement new processes and/or drive transformation.
We are open to discussions about location flexibility or remote work arrangements; however, due to the nature of the work, the ability to be co-located with the team and other stakeholders at the headquarter in Thousand Oaks when needed is ideal (Flex Commuter, coming into the office regularly for key engagement, but not daily)Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain oversight of the calendar of upcoming governance interactions and events and ensure product teams understand requirements and processes leading up to decisions (e.g., program portals)
- Maintain and improve the processes for monitoring the health of the Commercialization Model and the pipeline (quantitative and qualitative), incl. driving quarterly Commercialization Health Checks with Therapeutic Area Governance and Portfolio Governance
- Drive identification and prioritization of gaps and areas for continuous improvement of Amgens Commercialization model
- Drive efforts to continuously improve the Commercialization Model, collaborating with relevant stakeholder to make changes, improve processes, ensure understanding, and otherwise improve the processes in a way that will increase speed, value and efficiency
- Lead larger, more fundamental transformation of the Commercialization Model (in partnership with enterprise stakeholders)
- Provide advice to management and other equivalent managers based on subject matter expertise
- Lead the roll-out and training with key Commercialization stakeholders (e.g., Product Teams and Work Package Teams) on new Amgen Commercialization Model processes
- Develop processes and tools to ensure the long-term sustainability of key Commercialization Model processes and deliverables
- Establish, manage, and maintain a centralized platform of resources supporting Amgen Commercialization Model
- Support annual update of key Commercialization deliverables, e.g., PT Goals, Global Product Strategy, Target Product Profile, Long Range Scenarios
- Integrate functional initiatives into Commercialization Model, when applicable
- Partner with Commercialization Program Management Capacity Center and cross-functional stakeholders to design trainings and workshops in support of Product Teams and Work Package Teams
- Manage and mentor staff in the Commercialization Portfolio Management Office
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 5 years of related industry experience
Masters degree and 9 years of related industry experience
Bachelors degree and 11 years of related industry experience
5 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience leading business process improvement projects in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience facilitating discussions and promoting collaboration across multiple parties; engaging in dialogue to reach a conclusion together, compromising as necessary for optimal results in alignment with the Amgen values and leadership attributes
- Experience in managing and/or leading cross-functional product teams / drug development teams
- Ability to work with the business to understand and address the underlying business needs
- Ability to adopt a big picture view and craft compelling strategies
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to diverse audiences
- Thought leadership experience and the ability to build immediate credibility with the senior management team and the organization.
- Drug development knowledge with understanding of other functions including, but not limited to: Research, Pre-clinical, Clinical Manufacturing and Operations, Commercial, Regulatory and Medical Affairs
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $171,338 - $202,106.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.