We’re seeking a Materials Science Education Specialist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 25 years of experience developing software solutions for quantum mechanics, molecular dynamics, and machine learning-based chemical simulation and prediction. We'd prefer for this hire to be located in New York or Portland, but we are open to San Diego- and Cambridge-based talent as well.
What you’ll do:
- Create and update content for tutorials, workshops, and online courses across all research areas of our materials science offerings
- Administer our collection of materials science online courses, including answering participant inquiries and providing feedback on assignments
- Work closely with product managers, application scientists, and software developers to learn and then communicate the functionality of new tools
- Explore and provide feedback on new software functionality
- Design approaches to train experimental chemists and materials scientists in introductory materials modeling concepts
Who will love this job:
- A chemist or materials scientist who’s enthusiastic about molecular modeling for materials science applications
- A design-thinker capable of tackling discrete tasks and big-picture projects
- An excellent communicator and writer with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A great team player who’s self-motivated and manages their own time well
- A creative people person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An adept educator with a deep understanding of scientific pedagogy
- A skilled planner with an aptitude for event coordination and an interest in video editing
What you should have:
- A degree in chemistry, materials science, physics, or a related field
- Experience with the application of at least one of the following groups of simulation methods for materials science or chemistry:
- Quantum mechanics (molecular or periodic)
- Molecular dynamics (all-atom or coarse-grained)
- Machine learning, chemical informatics, and data analysis
- Background in teaching scientific concepts to a broad audience
- An openness to travel
In addition to a resume or CV in PDF format, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Education team.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $90,000 - $125,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.