ATCC is seeking a Program Manager II for ATCC Federal Solutions to work a hybrid schedule in Gaithersburg, MD. This is a full time direct hire role and this position will have direct reports and be responsible for high priority government programs for key clients. This role requires a minimum of 7 years experience including 2+ years supervisory experience. Prior clinical Program Manager experience within a government or government contract environment is highly preferred. Apply today for immediate consideration.
The Program Manager II is responsible for schedule, budgets, deliverables, and the management of varied, high-profile projects within a large and complex technical/scientific program or for the management of one or more complex technical/scientific programs. They manage a team or teams through all program phases including concept, development, implementation, evaluation, and completion, ensuring successful integration of all program segments and services. The Program Manager II communicates with and influences program sponsors, customers, and other stakeholders. They recommend opportunities for program growth and are involved with new business acquisitions.
The Program Manager II is responsible for managing multiple, varied, and complex projects in a coordinated way, achieving results that would not occur if the projects were handled separately.
- Manage the development, execution, and completion of high-quality, integrated, cross-functional plans for projects. Ensure consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Translate long-term objectives into short-term tasks and establish processes and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient operations of complex functions.
- Establish and oversee the cost, resource allocation, budgets, technical performance, and schedule of the program.
- Develop integrated plans and reporting across all projects, implementing regular reviews to manage risk and ensure the program is on track to achieve results.
- Provide forecasts for the programs and maintain status summaries. Develop, measure, and analyze metrics throughout its lifecycle to ensure efficiency.
- Communicate with and influence program sponsors, customers, and other stakeholders. Manage relationships and communication with Senior Management.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for program growth, assisting with new business acquisitions and technology adoption.
- Hire, select, train, manage, and evaluate professional staff providing direction in accordance with established policies and management guidance.
- Motivate, lead, and coach staff to ensure effective delivery.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 7 or more years' experience, including 2 years' supervisory or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1925, ATCC is a non-profit organization with a mission to acquire, authenticate, preserve, develop, standardize, and distribute biological materials and information for the advancement and application of scientific knowledge.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.