We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The primary objective of the Sr Desktop Engineer position is to provide IT systems design, analysis, Cybersecurity integration, system and network administration, and systems engineering support for the development of capabilities and sustainment of the EBSI enterprise network environment. Provide subject matter expertise in enterprise IT design for Microsoft Systems using a Unified End Point Management (UEM) tool in a complex Windows Desktop and Microsoft Windows Server environment. Provide technical architecture and operational oversight of the Emergent BioSolutions Patch and Vulnerability Management Service. The SR Desktop Engineer has day-to-day responsibility of advising others on the functionality, administration, and operations of the tools/software in their field of expertise. The SR. Desktop Engineer role requires advanced to mastery skills that enable the individual to deliver a high level of service and to meet the expectation from the business of a highly available agile desktop environment. Author engineering documentation and leverage expertise in Windows Server solutions, including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, PowerShell, VBScript, and other advanced Microsoft administration concepts to engineer secure Microsoft System solutions and technical capabilities. Prepare reports to inform and advise senior technical staff and management, as necessary. Provide innovative solutions to complex functional problems that impact multiple functional area successes. Lead tasks, including planning, execution, and status reporting for significant initiatives.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plan, analyze, design, test, deploy, and migrate enterprise scale Microsoft Systems, to work with all related infrastructure systems and services.
• Server and Desktop Operating systems upgrades, troubleshooting, testing.
• Support COTS products including analysis, design, engineer, test, implement, maintenance, and enhancements and optimization.
• Windows Server (manage builds, troubleshooting, security management, patching).
• Manage and Administer Unified Endpoint Management tool.
• Provide support for Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies.
• Provide support for Certificate Authority (CA) Server.
• Provide support for MS Windows workstations operating systems and Office 365.
• Provide support for MS Teams.
• Provide support for MS Exchange.
• Provide support for SANs (Microsoft OneDrive, EMC, Brocade, NetApp, etc.).
• Provide support for Cloud Technologies.
• Provide support for Enterprise PKI Engineering.
• Perform network troubleshooting tools and techniques to troubleshoot testing servers/workstations/solutions remotely when required.
• Provide Tier III support for technologies/ solutions supported.
• Proactively monitor and resolve infrastructure issues affecting Distributions.
• Perform monthly Security Updates rollouts to all Emergent BioSolutions security managed clients.
• Proactively monitor UEM status reporting and address infrastructure issues.
• Must collaborate with all team members and staff to ensure effective problem resolution, attend meetings as required, stay current on technological advances, and perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or equivalent
functional experience. Certifications a plus: MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+
• 3-5 years of experience working in a corporate IT support role
• In depth knowledge of core Microsoft Server technologies: Active Directory Services, Certificate Services/PKI, Internet Information Server, Clustering Services, Windows Software Updates Services, etc.
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (32 and 64bit): Server 2008+ Workstation XP thru current Windows 10.
• Solid knowledge of Networking technologies: TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, VPN
• Experience with implementing enterprise deployment and management using Unified Endpoint Management tool such as Microsoft SCCM and SCOM.
• Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008+.
• Working knowledge in performing database queries/analysis using T-SQL, WQL, Microsoft Access, etc.
• Working knowledge of Scripting technologies: VBScript, WMI, Powershell
• Working knowledge of Software Packaging products: Wise installer, InstallShield, MSI
• Extensive knowledge of MS Outlook in an Exchange environment
• Experience with SCCM and SCOM 2012 and 2012 R2 preferred
• Effective communication and documentation skills
• Understanding of network infrastructure equipment, switches, routers, etc.
• Working knowledge of SANs (Microsoft OneDrive, EMC, Brocade, NetApp, etc.)
• Phone systems experience desired
• Video Conferencing systems experience desired
• Understanding of TCPIP networking and the ability to troubleshoot connectivity problems
• Knowledge of Windows Server print queues and how to troubleshoot print queue issues
• Experience with basic Active Directory user administration
• Experience with network file and folder security provisioning using Active Directory groups.
• Ability to work Maintenance Deployment Windows (afterhours/weekends) for Approved changes and balance standard working hours.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair PC computer hardware and network printer
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.