The Senior Manager, RDAA Business Excellence Strategy and Operations works with cross-functional and divisional stakeholders to execute centralized operational functions in support of RDAA. Responsible for direct operational support in HCP/KOL engagements and procure to pay for select functions. Working directly with business owners, facilitating end to end consultant engagement operational support (e.g., planning, contracting, invoice payment). Brings a continuous improvement mindset, proactively identifying inefficiencies/pain points within current business processes and working with the broader team to propose fit for purpose solutions. Expectation for increase and/or shift in responsibilities as business operations needs emerge.
· Responsible for managing E2E HCP/KOL engagements including annual planning, in year consulting agreements and ad-boards
· Partners effectively with business owners in supported functions to understand upcoming consulting needs and project plan to ensure timely execution
· Provides visible metrics, tracking and early escalation for all key initiatives under support to ensure rapid resolution, cross-business learnings and continuous improvement
· Serves as point of contact for business operations challenges in RDAA, working with broader Business Excellence team to triage and provide appropriate support model (e.g., direct intervention vs handoff to supporting stakeholders)
· Pulls together key learnings/opportunities in slide presentations for team problem solving and business case development
· Supports business operations initiatives to streamline processes cross functionally both within function and across RDAA
· Anticipates emerging issues and proactively develops solutions working with RDAA Business Excellence team
· Establishes partnerships with key counterparts in RDAA functional teams and supporting functions (e.g., Finance, CCG/BSG, Purchasing)
Collaborates with other business excellence groups to share best practices and learnings
· Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree/certifications a plus.
Minimum of 8 years total experience required, 6+ years Business related. 4+ years in pharmaceutical, healthcare or regulated industry and strong knowledge in pharmaceutical regulations i.e. FDA and European Union preferred. 3+ years experience in a business operations role; and/or experience in finance/accounting/procurement strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations, i.e. FDA and European Union and their impact to organization processes and technology tools preferred.
· Prior experience with HCP/KOL operational support highly preferred
· Prior experience with purchasing or financial processes preferred (including SAP, purchasing, vendor contracts, purchase order set up and invoice resolution).
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.