About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the FDA to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Senior Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research HEOR Evidence Strategy & Synthesis (HEOR ESS), is responsible for assuring the development of best-in-class research strategies, policies, and plans that integrate health economics and outcomes research and real world evidence into clinical, medical, and market access solutions to help build the economic and quality value proposition across all stages of the lifecycle for NN products and therapeutic areas in the U.S.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director, (HEOR ESS) and has broad responsibility for managing multiple internal relationships within and across NNI and NN A/S. Internally, the incumbent works in close collaboration with leadership in CDSE and more broadly within CMR, Market Access and Public Affairs, Marketing, Legal as well as Global functions. The SD works through the HEOR ESS team to deliver an integrated, long-term and impactful Evidence Generation Plans and associated Evidence Synthesis Packages for all key products by Therapeutic Area (TA).
- The Senior Director, is responsible for providing strategic vision, expertise, leadership, and direction to the TA team.
- The Senior Director leads the team responsible for developing the strategic, long-term and integrated Evidence Generation Plans (EGPs) and associated Evidence Synthesis Packages (ESPs) for key products. The team ensures that the evidence is generated based on relevant research questions that are aligned with NNI business priorities. These plans are the drivers for all evidence generation activities across NNI.
- The Senior Director leads the team responsible for ensuring a handoff of the EGP to the Real World Evidence team that ensures the studies are high quality, relevant and delivered on time.
- The Senior Director leads the team responsible for engaging with the Field Medical Affairs and commercial and market access field teams to ensure that EGPs outline evidence that is user friendly, relevant, high quality and communicated during customer conversations.
- To support these activities, the incumbent is responsible for owning the evidence generation planning process, interfacing with key high-level leaders to drive the process, ensure alignment of commercial and medical to deliver an integrated and impactful evidence generation plan for all key products.
- Assures that U.S. strategic insights and inputs are provided to shape Global project teams through the Integrated Evidence Planning (IEP) process.
- The incumbent is responsible for owning the evidence synthesis package (ESP) for each TA and ensuring the evidence that is generated by the real world evidence team and modeling team are summarized and synthesized in the ESP that can be leveraged by the value communications team in commercial, medical and market access into field training tools and materials.
- Establishes, oversees implementation, and monitors adherence to administrative policies and procedures including those guiding evidence planning.
- Responsible for evidence generation annual budget, assures evidence generation investments (research, tools, models, publications, field liaisons) are planned and mapped to driving attainment of goals and priorities.
- Inspires, increases motivation and productivity in implementing policies and management practices that attract and retain the best talent in the U.S.
- Ensures commercial alignment of HEOR research and initiatives with brands, public affairs, market access and medical strategies. Ensures strategic alignment of health economics function with pricing, contracting and marketing to ensure that pricing decisions and brand strategies reflect a good understanding of the need to demonstrate value to customers.
- Helps to ensure health economics perspectives are incorporated in local and global clinical study designs, and in the company’s health policy initiatives.
Physical Requirements: 10-20% overnight travel required
DEVELOPMENT OF PEOPLE
- Ensure that reporting personnel have individual development plans (IDP), with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
- Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- A PhD and/or master’s degree in a quantitative health-related field (i.e. Health Economics, Pharmacoeconomics, Clinical Epidemiology or similar)
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare, payor, and/or pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years of prior leadership experience, with proven people management skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, relationship building and communication skills.
- Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills, strong business acumen, and excellent process and management skills.
- Superior strategic/tactical planning experience within a pharmaceutical environment is required.
- The incumbent must possess expertise, knowledge, experience and credibility to be viewed as an expert internally and externally, especially with key external groups such as large US payors, healthcare provider groups, key opinion leaders (KOLs), and industry and government expert groups.
- In-depth knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, PBMs, health care delivery systems, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development preferred.
- Keen understanding of the drug development process.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.