Senior Director Managed Access Programs/Across Gilead Therapeutic Areas Global Medical Affairs
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionSenior Director - Managed Access Programs/Across Gilead Therapeutic Areas - Global Medical Affairs
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. For more information, please visit Gilead.com.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Global Medical Affairs for a Sr. Director to oversee our Managed Access Programs (MAP) across Gilead therapeutic areas, including virology, oncology, and inflammation. This role will lead a team, directly and/or cross-functionally, reporting to the Head of Global Oncology Medical Affairs. This role will be office-based in our headquarters in Foster City, CA.Specific Job Requirements:
- Leads Medical Affairs activities related to the MAP across Gilead medicinal products in oncology, virology, or inflammation within a given region or country.
- Leads the creation of and oversees the Managed Access Program strategy, including gaining alignment with project teams and endorsement from senior management.
- Leads oversight and conduct of MAP, serving as a center of excellence for therapeutic area teams to consult with as programs are assessed and established.
- Creates and ensures organizational alignment to policies and procedures related to MAP and leads updates of policies as needed.
- Serves as Medical Affairs Lead expert on global development project teams when related to MAP.
- Collaborates with local Medical Affairs to understand local MAP needs and to use this to ascertain the size and scope of global MAP.
- Collaborates with R&D, public affairs, corporate communication, medical communications, and commercial teams in multiple areas related to MAP.
- Regular communication with the local Medical Affairs teams to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical education, support, and direction to them.
- Working with Executive Directors and Vice President on the early development of a variety of projects, he/she provides independent thought and initiative in the further development of specific projects and ensuing presentations and reports.
- Leads a team, directly or cross-functionally, that is responsible for:
- Projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
- Responsible for the development and execution of projects that will provide more extensive background, additional data/answers to questions in response to issues relative to commercial, scientific, or data needs.
- Serves as Medical Affairs Lead on select scientific issues/topics using expertise to develop global scientific messages, inform strategy, create/update slide decks, and review Medical Information response documents and all communication related to MAP.
- Collaborates or leads a team in charge of collaboration with the Executive Director and Disease Leads to develop a global Plan of Action and ensure alignment of MAP activities with the Product Strategy.
Specific Knowledge, Education, and Experience Requirements
- Works with Clinical Operations to execute the MAP strategy.
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead's core values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inclusion, and Accountability
Display of Gilead Core Values:
- The ideal candidate will be an MD, DO, Ph.D., or PharmD, with 12+ years of clinical and/or research experience in oncology, virology, or inflammation therapeutic areas.
- Prior Global or large affiliate experience in medical affairs activities is preferred.
- Industry experience with knowledge of all applicable regulatory and legal requirements for the implementation of MAP and related Medical Affairs activities is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal, relationship-building, and negotiating communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrated the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems
- Organized; attention to detail and ability to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to suggest solutions for issues encountered with projects in the area of responsibility
- Must be able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required. (less than 20% expected)
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
The salary range for this position is: $266,815.00 - $345,290.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.