Service Worker - Ft. Detrick (Eligible for Sign-On Bonus)
Job ID: req3510
Employee Type: nonexempt full-time
Division: Facilities, Maintenance & Engineering
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
FOR A LIMITED TIME – We are offering a one-time $1,200.00 Sign-On bonus, less applicable taxes for the successful candidate hired for this position! (Candidate must pass background check and onboarding requirements including pre-employment physical and drug screening).
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is
responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus
landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick
National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties in laboratory and office areas
- Clean and wash windows, woodwork, furniture, floor coverings, fixtures stairwells, fire doors, bath-and restrooms
- Vacuum, dust and wet mop floors, spray buff, strip and refinish floors, clean carpets
- Operate autoclaves
- Operate industrial power equipment for cleaning
- Position may be subjected to periodic safety and compliance checks
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Requires HS diploma
- Ability to operate industrial power equipment used for cleaning
- Read and understand written instructions
- Ability to perform physical duties
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and working in confined areas, potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of stripping and waxing procedures for hard surfaced floors
- This position may require continuous or intermittent exposure to and exertion in environmental conditions such as working outdoors, temperature extremes, humidity extremes. etc. as part of the job
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.