Annexon (Nasdaq: ANNX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company seeking to bring game-changing medicines to patients with classical complement-mediated diseases of the body, brain and eye. The classical complement cascade is a seminal pathway within the immune system that anchors and drives a host of autoimmune, neurodegenerative and ophthalmic diseases. Annexon is advancing a new class of complement medicines targeting the early classical cascade and all downstream pathway components that contribute to disease, while selectively preserving the beneficial immune functions of other complement pathways. Annexon is rigorously developing a pipeline of diversified product candidates across multiple mid- to late-stage clinical trials, with clinical data anticipated throughout 2023 and beyond.
Desired candidate profile
The Accounting Manager will report into the Controller and will be responsible for managing all areas relating to GL accounting close. The Accounting Manager will collaborate with other finance team members and actively support the month end activities while ensuring tight deadlines are met. This position will also involve supporting external and internal auditor requests as well as interactions with various functions across the company to assist with accrual and spend estimates.
- Complete accounting close which includes cash/investments, prepaids, fixed assets, accrued liabilities, and payroll related accruals;
- Play an active role in managing the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process (calendar), prepare general journal entries, accruals, account analyses and reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts;
- Partner with Account Payable (AP) to establish best practices, as well as assist with on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of General Ledger (GL) accounting and reporting;
- Partner with Sr. Accounting Manager to support the Clinical and Manufacturing accrual journal entries;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various departments to obtain information and improve day to day close activities;
- Assist with maintaining accounting policies and procedures and drive towards enhancing the internal control environment over operational accounting processes, systems and financial reporting;
- Prepare business and property tax filings and other compliance filings as needed;
- Assist with various aspects of external audits, including the preparation of audit schedules and reviewing outstanding items lists;
- Provide support as needs arise for special projects, system improvements, or ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in biotechnology or life science industry;
- Organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of GAAP and month-end close processes;
- Experience with ERP systems, NetSuite preferred;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Positive team attitude with a willingness to work on both smaller and large tasks to help get the job done;
- Flexible and drawn to a fast-paced environment with strong analytical, problem-solving, and multitasking skills;
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize and perform multiple projects while working with team members, as well as work independently with limited direction;
- Eagerness to learn new concepts and take on additional responsibilities to support the team;
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience as a key member of a general ledger team with a high volume of transactions;
- NetSuite, ADP, SAP Concur, FloQast experience highly preferred;
- Familiar with payroll tax filing requirements;
- Accounting experience in a publicly traded company;
- Big 4 experience.
Annexon Biosciences requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. You will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon hire. The Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, BELONGING ARE IMPORTANT TO US
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential for the strength of our business and the vitality of the communities we serve.
Internally, we want to make sure all employees feel welcome, appreciated and can be themselves at Annexon. We continually educate, inform and hold accountability for improving our diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging efforts. We ensure that open and real dialogue happens on important diversity topics.
Externally, we continuously work to build our pipeline of underrepresented candidates for our workforce, enhance, recruit and develop a best-in-class, diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce; ensure that Black, LatinX and other underrepresented businesses have long-term sustainable opportunities to work with Annexon; and hold our vendors to the same standards under which we operate.
The anticipated starting salary for the Accounting Manager position is $135,000 - $150,000 per year. The starting salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s education, experience, transferable skills, licenses/certifications, location, and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine the final compensation. The starting salary does not include any other potential components of the total compensation package, including bonus, equity, employer provided benefits, and perks.
Annexon Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. We are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.”
Annexon Biosciences doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Annexon Biosciences.