Job Title: Sr Automation Engineer
Location: Thousand Oaks, CAAbout the role:
The Sr Automation Engineer provides daily automation engineering support in Bulk Drug Substance, Fill and Finish operations (Bioreactors, Chromatography skids, Ultrafiltration skids, CIP skids, Media and Buffer Preparations, CIP/SIP processes, Lyophilizers, Filling machines) including execution of automation projects of varying complexities.How you will contribute:
What you bring to Takeda:
- Demonstrate understanding of programming, troubleshooting, maintenance, and user administration of the automation platforms used at the Thousand Oaks site including Emerson DeltaV DCS, Allen Bradley PLC, Siemens PLC, Intellution/Proficy iFix, Siemens BAS, and Siemens S7.
- Develop improved control system strategies for manufacturing processes.
- Draft, update, and verify system specifications and standard operating procedures (SOP) for the automation systems supported.
- Build and follow pharmaceutical change control standards.
- Train users on control system functionality (process control, computer/control networks, and instrumentation).
- Work with multiple customers – manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, quality, validation. Understand the needs of each and prioritize solutions.
- Investigate automation system problems.
- Perform user interventions (UI) to ensure that the manufacturing process maintains a flow. Implement sustainable system changes to reduce UI occurrence/recurrence, addressing causes.
- Administer the control system life cycle in a regulated environment. Keep all software and documentation up-to-date and in a state of compliance.
- Participate in the execution and Project Records (PR) for DeltaV/PLC/iFix SCADA/BAS/BMS software and hardware changes.
- Draft and build functional tests, Commissioning Plans, and Qualification Protocols.
- Oversee and close corrective actions related to the automation system; including Corrective Action & Preventative Actions (CAPA) that are generated due to user interventions and non-conformances/events.
- Schedule and lead a team through the execution of automation projects, or a defined piece of a larger project. This includes generating detailed, accurate project schedules and cost estimates, preparing business case justifications, working with cross-functional development groups and technical support groups.
- Manage routine small projects with complex features.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), mentor other automation engineers and technicians as requested in automation systems.
- Discuss encountered technical issues, verbally and in written form.
- Solve routine design, process, and automation engineering problems.
- Lead less experienced engineers. Operate and potentially facilitate cross functional teams.
- Run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of technicians.
- Organize and present technical and project management overviews.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of DeltaV automation/controls experience in a GMP pharmaceutical environment is required.
- Knowledge of the basic principles in multiple engineering disciplines.
- Solid experience with automation system instrumentation and field device technology.
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV Distributed Control System (DCS), operation, infrastructure, and configuration (batch and continuous control) required.
- Familiarity with Werum PAS-X, Allen Bradley, Intellution/iFix, Siemens BAS, Siemens PCS7, WinCC, Modicon PLC, Wonderware (HMI and Batch),.
- Knowledge of cGxP Bulk Drug Substance unit operations: Bioreactors, Chromatography skids, Ultrafiltration skids, CIP skids, Media and Buffer Preparations and CIP/SIP processes; Fill and Finish experience.
- Knowledge of control system lifecycle management in a regulated environment.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
More about us:
- Overall physical exertion is sedentary work.
- Perform field work around robotic systems, controls instrumentation, wiring, and control panels.
- Able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- May work in a cold, hot or wet environment.
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- May be asked to work more than 8 hours/40 hours per week, including weekends, and holidays.
- May require availability outside of business hours.
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and the best patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Base Salary Range: $91,700-$131,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account many factors including location, skills, education, and experience.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - CA - Thousand Oaks - Rancho ConejoWorker Type