HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Senior Manager, Engineering ProjectsLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will direct key construction projects and programs that will make a significant contribution to the site operation and risk profile. This visible position interacts with all levels of the organization. To be successful, the candidate must have strong leadership skills, communication skills, and the ability to approach issues from a strategic perspective, as well as significant experience delivering engineering construction projects in GMP environment.
The Senior Engineering Project Manager will lead project teams and interact across functional and corporate groups to achieve project objectives. These capital projects, typically <$5M, could include facilities/utilities upgrades, manufacturing improvements and changes to support New Product Introductions.
With minimal guidance, the candidate will manage all aspects of their project(s): planning, cost, schedule, risk, communications, resources, team dynamics and performance, implementation, monitoring, completion and follow-up.
- Implement projects by working closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, facilities, engineering, process development and quality assurance
- Supervise contingent workers as needed. These workers include construction managers and general craft labor including electrical, architectural and mechanical
- Manage any construction projects, safely and compliantly, oftentimes within an operational GMP facility
- Execute projects in accordance with all corporate requirements, such as Environmental Health & Safety by Design and Amgens Engineering Project Delivery process
- Present projects to senior leadership at governing bodies for updates and approvals
- Mentoring less experienced project managers and engineers at the Amgen Rhode Island site
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an expert with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR
- Masters degree and 6 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering and/or Project Management experience
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Engineering background
- Be a team player, and self-starter who is capable of growth and increased responsibility
- Working knowledge of biotech DS manufacturing processes and the functions that support them
- Significant experience of delivering Engineering Capital Projects from initial design through construction to commissioning/qualification
- Experience in the delivery of Tech Transfer/New Product Introduction projects
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential for this role
- Demonstrated ability in leading and motivating cross-functional teams to advance complex projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to forge and maintain strong relationships within multiple functional areas
- Ability to tactfully and effectively negotiate and influence
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to all levels of staff and management Experience leading teams or organizations (e.g. management of direct staff) Proficiency in project management methodology and tools
- Demonstrated ability in leading craft of wide skills and expertise (mechanical, electrical, and architectural)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is$149,269 - $175,594.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.