At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The AI / ML Senior Director is responsible for technical contributions and consulting in the fields of machine learning, information retrieval, and artificial intelligence for optimization of Lilly USA commercial marketing.
- Be a thought leader in data and AI/ML with the objective of driving KPIs for the business.
- Build out modeling ecosystem to answer a variety of sales and marketing questions, such as marketing mix, attribution, channel optimization, spend optimization and causal impact.
- Promote and plan designed variance (prospective designed experiments, A/B tests, natural or business case variance) to test marketing impact and value.
- Effectively answer data science questions, build ML pipelines, and integrate results into business outcomes.
- Collaborate with business partners and other data scientists to expand the use of analytics within the marketing domain.
- Work with ML Engineers to scale current pipelines and increase automation of AI/ML deliverables.
- Stay current with latest AI/ML methodologies for use in sales and marketing analytics.
- Align advanced AI/ML techniques with stakeholder objectives and goals.
- Work with a global group of data scientists and engineers.
Basic Position Requirements:
- PhD degree in Statistics, Computational Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent quantitative degree and 6+ years post-graduate work with full-time hands-on machine learning experience (OR)
- Masters degree in Statistics, Computational Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent quantitative degree and 10+ years post-graduate work with full-time hands-on machine learning experience.
- Ability to use AI / ML techniques to solve real-world business problems. Some examples would be appropriate use of gradient boosting algorithms, [sequential] neural networks, forecasting methods, and advanced data pipeline development.
- Expertise in any of the following AI/ML domains: Causal AI, Reinforcement Learning, Generative AI, NLP, Dimension Reduction, Computer Vision, Sequential Models
- Proficiency with relevant programming languages (R and/or Python)
- Strong analytical skills coupled with business acumen, and an ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment
- Experience with healthcare data is a plus.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal influencing skills and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to translate technical work for business partners.
- Position may qualify to be remote upon approval
- Lilly currently anticipates that the base salary for this position could range from between $135,000 to $258,500 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s qualifications for the role, including education and experience. Full-time equivalent employees also will be eligible for a company bonus (depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Lilly offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including eligibility to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k); pension; vacation benefits; eligibility for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; flexible benefits (e.g., healthcare and/or dependent day care flexible spending accounts); life insurance and death benefits; certain time off and leave of absence benefits; and well-being benefits (e.g., employee assistance program, fitness benefits, and employee clubs and activities).Of course, the compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Further, Lilly reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion and Lilly’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the details of any promotion or transfer of Lilly employees.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.