We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
The Director, Payor, Consumer Access & Integration Lead is a cross functional leadership role that will ensure the integration and implementation of an optimal access strategy. The strategy will support all aspects of the commercial plan and maximize brand performance. The incumbent will also ensure integration and execution of the access strategy supporting all aspects of commercial planning and maximizing brand performance; ultimately delivering demand driving, market-access pull through and consumer access programs.
- Lead the development of consumer access strategies and execution of programs that drive affordability for consumers while balancing managed care contract pull-through.
- Lead and implement the pull through plan including developing and monitoring performance goals associated with contracting decisions; oversee development of cost and coverage messages, designed to facilitate effective pull through and overall communication of formulary dynamics.
- Create a winning strategy and near-term businesses plans to build and communicate competitive advantage and meet/exceed business objectives that aligns the BU’s, customer decision-makers and other key Stakeholders.
- Develop annual market access plans and integrate them into marketing/medical plans, oversee account targeting and segmentation and contracting strategies.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders to ensure strategies and tactics are linked to achievement of critical business objectives. Key internal stakeholders include Finance, Regulatory, Sales, Market Access, Legal, Contracts and Pricing and all Global and U.S. Marketing personnel.
- Collaborate with Government Affairs, Public Affairs and Legal as needed to drive targeted policy initiatives to improve coverage and reimbursement for NARCAN.
- Monitor federal and state reimbursement and coverage policy.
- Identify threats and opportunities for NARCAN business objectives and ensure market trends are incorporated into market access strategy development.
- Ensures effective communication and timely reporting of US Access strategies and results.
- Continually reviews performance metrics and financial results to identify issues and opportunities to develop action plans to build the NARCAN Nasal Spray business.
- Ability to spot and capitalize on opportunities in the OTC market.
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of product payor value proposition inclusive of messaging, pricing, access, reimbursement, and consumer access programs.
- Interface with consultants, market access firms, ad agencies, other vendors, and customers to effectively manage and profitably grow business, while maintaining a customer focus woven through all activities.
- Identify the value creation opportunities to enable NARCAN to achieve targets at the customer level while maximizing gross to net profit.
- Oversee and coordinate payer activities, negotiation strategy and execution, and payer relationship management.
- Guides the development of utilization and reimbursement programs that support NARCAN Nasal Spray and future product launches through innovative and collaborative partnerships with payers.
- Develop value-added programs with employers and employer coalitions to reduce the cost burden of at-risk employees.
- Ensure the alignment of the Market Access strategies with the overall Commercial strategy
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, healthcare policy, health sciences or a related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred,
• Minimum 8 or more years of commercial experience in sales, marketing, managed markets, account management, Medicare, Medicaid, pricing/reimbursement, distribution, or healthcare policy.
• Demonstrated knowledge understanding of the payer and reimbursement landscape strongly desired.
• Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for policy, coverage, and patient access to existing and new products, including over-the-counter experience
• Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, business acumen, strong influencing, negotiating, and conflict resolution skills with strong commercial orientation, strategic thinking, and integration skills.
• Ability to skillfully negotiate in challenging situations with both internal and external customers, while working within an ever-changing payer, managed markets, and corporate environment
• Ability to function knowledgeably, compliantly, and expeditiously in situations with few established guidelines or procedures and with complex governmental rules and regulations.
• Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment. Ability to interact externally and internally to support business strategy.
• Ability to interact successfully with Senior Management and act as the Access champion and spokesperson within the organization.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.