IT Project Coordinator II, Financial Support
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionAbout Gilead:
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation, and technology optimization. Job Summary:
The IT Business Operations Organization is looking for an IT Project Coordinator II
to join the PMO team to support IT Project Financial Operations. The successful candidate will work on financial aspects of a project portfolio that oversees $500M in annual spend. This individual must be a self-starter, take ownership of deliverables, exude flexibility, be a team player and be able to adapt to support the evolving business needs of IT. This role will report to the IT PMO Finance Lead.Essential Duties & Job Functions:
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Learn about and become a resident expert on Gilead Procurement systems including Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Invoices, and Actuals tracking.
- Manage Financial Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and Invoicing on behalf of PMO and Project teams.
- Provide Financial support on various initiatives (Project/Program Financials, Project and Department Accruals and Reclasses) supporting other PMO and IT Business Operations resources.
- Assist with defining and updating IT Business Operations Reporting repository, including periodic refresh/updates of the stored reports.
- Support the monthly project and IT reclass processes, review and confirm all requests are compliant with Finance rules and have appropriate supporting documents. Support correction of all submitted in error.
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance, Corporate Accounting, and IT Operational Finance SMEs on project and operational financial management and financial guidance.
- Establish strong partnerships with Portfolio Managers (PfMs) and PM Community of ~85 PMs to provide comprehensive financial support both ad hoc and ongoing analytics for tactical and key strategic decision making
- Contribute to the PM financial training website and provide training to Project Managers, PfMs, and IT Leads on current financial processes and continuous improvements over time.
- Provide Tier 1 support for project financial related inquiries. Work with Corporate Finance, Accounting, and other IT Operational Finance SMEs through resolution. Includes identifying and correcting finance process and billing errors.
- Support project accrual process including data review of transactions and supporting documents to ensure compliance with Finance rules. Support correction of any submitted in error.
- Support project forecast submissions and ongoing forecast improvements to reduce variance.
- Support the Financial Workbook (FWB) utilized by the PM community to manage project financials. It captures project forecasting details, loads PO and invoices, reconciles forecast to actuals, automates submission of accruals, etc.
- Partner with Corporate Finance partners, EPMO leadership team and PM community to identify areas for automation and process improvements, define requirements and develop/drive execution to completion.
- Collaborate with the EPMO Governance team to monitor and track overall portfolio project forecast vs project spend, perform variance analysis.
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance to understand financial deadlines such as accruals, reclasses, budget (Latest Estimates - LEs), etc. Ensure IT compliance with deadlines across the PM community.
- Support the monthly PM All Hands meeting, including development and delivery of presentations on financial activities, reporting, etc.
- High School Degree and 8 years' experience OR Associate's Degree and 6 years' experience OR Bachelor's Degree and 4 years' experience OR Master's Degree and 3 years' experience OR PhD
- 4+ years of relevant experience in project management and project financials having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- Experience supporting financial management tools.
- Experience creating and leading an ongoing support plan for Financial tools.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification is preferred.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
- Advanced proficiency and a power user in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience financial management and systems (Oracle, Hyperion, SAP, etc.) a plus.
- Proficient in problem solving and analytical abilities, ability to develop metrics.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills working at different levels, including senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- A genuine appreciation for diversity and inclusion.
- A strong sense of ownership and pride in high performance.
- The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must have the ability to meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects and take ownership of issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with BI reporting Tools, SAP Tools, and Clarity-PPM a plus.
The salary range for this position is: $129,540.00 - $167,640.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.