The Associate Director Sourcing will be responsible to develop & own the local sourcing strategies within the direct materials supply for manufacturing operations at the IOPS Raheen and Rensselaer facilities. Advises Regeneron local commercial teams on supply market dynamics and leading practices which improve value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness. Ensures that the global category strategy is consistently driven within their supply market by managing a team of sourcing managers and/or collaborating with sourcing/category managers and other peers.A typical day might include:
This role might be for you if you have:
- Identifies and resolves outstanding situations of substantial significance in the sourcing spend under management
- Applies resourcefulness and creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated and/or novel situations
- Uses independent judgement, sophisticated thought leadership and development skills to complete tasks and drive the local Sourcing team
- Either directly or through a matrix structure, leads teams of professional level employees responsible for performing sourcing tasks to carry out local sourcing and supply management tasks
- Serve as the SS&P leader for the associated local governance forums which may include Joint Operating Committee and Annual/Semi-Annual Business Review Meetings
- Advises local country market sourcing & supplier relationship activities which serve the needs of the business units.
- Responsible for local contractual agreements, works with internal legal department, and drives any changes that are critical to Regeneron’s interest
- Reviews local contracts for key areas of spend; supervise trends/patterns within the spend under management, and serves as the primary point for local supply market negotiations.
- Identifies and defines sourcing standard processes from both within and outside of Regeneron and ensures best practices are embraced
- Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies and practices for the sourcing function with significant impact on area operations
- Advises and influences decision making at the management and executive level
- Provides mentoring and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports (if applicable) and provides leadership examples for the organization
- Mentors proficiency on procurement technical skills among sourcing managers and peers
- Leads and advises the local supply market evaluation process by applying all available market intelligence, risk, compliance, and financial assessment tools
- Advises and consults on the global Category Management strategy
- Authority to act as the primary relationship manager to the supplier's local country leadership team
- Responsible for conducting local supplier negotiations using a leader mastery level abilities
- Works optimally with ambiguity to anticipate future local business requirements in complex and/or multiple business unit customer categories
- Develops strategies to meet future demands and to build a competitive supply advantage.
- Drives the local market Supplier Management Program including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars
To be considered for this role you must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of related experience required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$139,200.00 - $227,200.00