We are seeking a motivated and experienced bioinformatics developer to build an AI driven platform focused on analysis of synthetic DNA and mRNA. This will require collecting and analyzing very large data sets built from a variety of sources including sequencing, RNA folding and structure computation and expression profiles. This position will involve research and collaboration with scientists and engineers to develop new molecular biology products and services. They will help to improve GenScript’s proprietary semiconductor based high-throughput DNA synthesis technology and mRNA sequence design through AI-centric approach.
- Utilize state-of-the-art data mining technologies to process and analyze biological data (DNA/protein sequences, sequencing data, RNA structure computation and metadata)
- Develop models and computational approaches which will identify and help determine DNA/RNA synthesis bias and provide insight into possible solutions to optimize the quality and uniformity of DNA synthesis.
- Explore machine learning and other AI techniques to better extract knowledge from very large data sets.
- Be involved in the development of AI Platforms and automation production systems.
- Work in a cross-functional team to propose, design, plan, operate, and perform experiments in research and development projects
- Contribute to the improvement of GenScript’s semiconductor based oligonucleotide synthesis platform
- Perform statistical data analysis and present the results
- Mentor and train junior team members
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics or MSc with a minimum of 3 year experience on AI or Machine Learning in pharmaceutical companies, diagnostics, biotech or related industries.
- Minimum 3 years of development experience using one of JAVA, C, C++ or Python language with track record of successful delivery of state-of-the-art AI/ML solutions
- Experience with constructing, building and validating machine learning models.
- Familiar with molecular biology, biochemistry, enzymology, DNA, RNA and protein synthesis mechanisms
- Demonstrated initiative and pursuit of successful collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary team
- Demonstration of goal-oriented, hands-on and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent documentation practices. Able to prepare documents including software design documentation, data summaries, technical, analytical, and scientific reports, and transfer the procedures to manufacturing
- Self-motivated and passionate. Comfortable to work in a fast-paced work environment
GenScript USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.