Senior Research Associate I, Protein Therapeutics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated research associate to join our protein purification, QC, and logistics group within the Protein Therapeutics Department. The successful candidate is expected to work independently and display professional judgment in all aspects of daily research and presentations. This person will work in collaboration with research project teams to generate and validate potential therapeutic proteins and surrogate tool molecules. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Perform protein purification, QC, and protein bank registration to support the preclinical development of biopharmaceutical programs across multiple therapeutic areas
- Prepare technical reports, quantitative analyses, and summaries for entry into Excel, PPT, and ELN formats
- Use good oral and written communication skills to relay scientific data
- Actively participate in group meetings, present the results of one's work, interpret data, and draw conclusions regarding presented material
- Proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to challenges
- Maintain awareness of cutting-edge technical developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve process efficiency
BA/BS in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field with 2+ years of knowledge, or experience with below listed characteristics and techniques for the position.Required skills:
Nice to have skills:
- Strong background in protein sciences and protein biochemistry
- At least 2 years of direct experience in purifying and characterizing a variety of recombinant proteins, particularly monoclonal antibodies and next generation biologics (e.g., bispecific antibodies, immunocytokines)
- Hands-on experience in purification techniques including affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, hydrophobic interaction chromatography using Akta Avant/Pure or BioRad NGC
- Proficiency with various analytical protein characterization techniques such as SEC-HPLC or UHPLC, SDS-PAGE, Endosafe
- Ability to perform method development and write protocols
- Detailed record-keeping is a must
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be team-oriented, professional, hard-working, and interested in learning new skills.
- Experience with other protein characterization technologies (DLS, SEC-MALS, LC/MS, IEX/HIC-HPLC) would be a strong plus
- Experience in protein formulation, automated liquid handling systems (Hamilton, Bravo) would be a plus
The salary range for this position is: $96,985.00 - $125,510.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.