GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
As Staff Software Product Manager for Lab Software, you will play a key role in defining priorities and requirements to continue to evolve our lab software platform. This set of software capabilities drives a core of GRAIL’s business - converting specimens into insights which power improved patient outcomes.RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Contribute to product strategy and develop product roadmaps for GRAIL’s lab software platform, based on a deep understanding of user needs and business goals
- Build alignment among stakeholders and collaborating teams (Operations, Commercial, Engineering, Medical Affairs, Quality, etc.)
- Partner closely with Engineering, Program Management, and the Test Team to drive prioritization, execution, and delivery of high impact features and functionality based on business value and user needs
- Remove bottlenecks that directly impact our anti-cancer mission
- Write product requirements and specifications to guide software development
- Contribute to strategy documents and presentations for the leadership team
- Create and maintain processes for collecting and prioritizing feedback and requests from users
- Partner with Regulatory and Quality teams to support risk assessments, audits and software validation
- 7+ years of experience in software product management
- BA/BS, Graduate degree, or equivalent work experience in life or physical sciences, engineering or computer science
- Experience in the development or utilization of software to support lab processes, lab automation, or other high volume manufacturing processes
- Excellent strategic, analytical, communication and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to: independently navigate and lead through ambiguity; guide without authority; negotiate scope, product features, and specifications with stakeholders and the development team
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize, set goals and deliver results with an emphasis on quality, technical planning, and attention to detail
- Self-starter with experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment, leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy, and business issues
- Experience working in healthcare tech or life sciences is preferred
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $154,000 - $190,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.