Leads the testing automation development for AbbVie BTS Information Research Business Applications. Ensures the core system functionality and data is automated and scalable to meet the business needs. Ensures, thorough automation design and development for optimal end-user experience. Supports and facilitates process improvements efforts for all automation.
- Provides strategic direction, technical advice, oversight, planning and project management to the technical experts for test automation.
- Work with domain teams to understand business processes, systems, and environments in order to devise a solid automation strategy and plan.
- Lead the team that will Design, Automate and Execute regressions (end-to-end) test suites to support our critical business systems and processes.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for automation in conjunction with IR Domain teams.
- Provides recommendations regarding business continuance issues and improvements to operating systems and processes.
- Work cross-functionally to develop solid automation test suites to enable the delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Ensure UATs are planned and coordinated with key stakeholder community to preview and validate automation.
- Works closely with quality organizations to ensure alignment with regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Investigate and drive problems to resolution with the team
- Coordinates and provides training to key stakeholders in automation technologies and applications.
- Monitors, ensures compliance, and conforms to all regulatory and company requirements.
- Prepares metrics to evaluate and measure service objectives are met across for business intelligence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years work relevant experience required.
- Solutions-oriented professional who excels at managing multiple projects, collaborating with project teams, interfacing with clients, and deploying technology to build successful solutions for our clients and patients.
- Ability to facilitate technical discussions and excellent leadership skills.
- Extensive Validation and Testing Experience on enterprise multi-tier applications including the following solution types: COTS, AWS Cloud, Custom Development and SaaS
- Strong understanding of end-to-end SDLC and STLC leveraging different life cycle models (Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile) and extensive experience in Development/Testing Methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Working knowledge of testing and automation tools: HP ALM, Jira, Confluence, Tosca, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Selenium, Python, HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) etc… required.
- Experience building automation frameworks for various system types: COTs, SaaS, AWS Cloud, Custom Development etc…
- Solid understanding of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries preferred. DevOps Experience a plus.
- Other skills and attributes required include:
- Ability to adapt to new priorities, challenges, and willingness to learn new technology
- Ability to lead large project initiatives and global teams
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to assist customers in a pleasant, non-technical manner for problem resolution
- Proven ability to recognize symptoms, analyze system data, and take corrective actions when problems arise
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.