Director, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Analytics—Neuroscience, Eye Care, & Specialty
AbbVie’s Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization oversees the strategic marketing direction for key assets in AbbVie’s R&D pipeline. GCD is seeking an experienced analytics professional to lead forecasting for AbbVie’s Neuroscience, Eye Care, and Specialty therapeutic areas.
The Director, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Analytics is accountable for the development of forecasts and analytical insights in assigned therapeutic areas within GCD. This individual partners closely with senior pipeline commercial leadership and serves as the primary point of contact for forecasting and analytical insights for relevant TAs. The Director, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Analytics leads the development of forecasts in support of AbbVie corporate financial processes—particularly Long-Range Plan (LRP)—as well as pipeline brand/therapeutic area commercial strategy. Forecasts also support R&D investment decisions at key milestones including go-to-Phase 2/3, as well as prioritization of R&D investment in new clinical programs. As part of the role, this individual also manages operational aspects of the forecasting process including coordination of appropriate forecast inputs, reviews, alignment discussions, and data submissions.
Beyond building and managing forecast models, the Director, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Analytics leads a team of forecasters assigned to the relevant therapeutic areas, ensuring appropriate workload balance and supporting growth and development of direct reports. This role reports to the Director, Global Pipeline & Business Development Forecasting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Serve as a thought partner for senior pipeline commercial therapeutic area leadership by providing timely, data-driven insights and analysis in support of strategic pipeline decisions
· Lead and coordinate the forecasting and analytics support for commercial strategic initiatives in relevant therapeutic areas
· Develop forecasting assessments to inform long-range planning, key development milestone, and strategic clinical and commercial decisions
· Seek and implement new, innovate forecasting approaches, where appropriate
· Beyond GCD, collaborate closely with cross-functional organizational partners to ensure alignment on key assumptions and deliverables. Partners include R&D, Decision Sciences, HEOR, Global Epidemiology, Market Access & Pricing, GCD Finance, on-market commercial forecasting and finance (GMCO and US), Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence (MABI), and on-market commercial teams (US, GMCO, and areas/affiliates as appropriate).
· Champion the GCD Mission and Vision and the broader AbbVie Leadership Attributes
· Manage and supervise 1-2 direct reports who will provide forecasting and analytics support for pipeline assets
· 8-10+ years of relevant experience within the pharmaceutical, biotech, or life sciences industries
· Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in cross-functional and cross-cultural environments
· Strong communication skills including development and presentation of forecasting and analytical insights
· Experience building and updating forecasting or related analytical models to assess products across multiple therapeutic areas
· Familiarity with common commercial analytics data sources and approaches (primary and secondary analysis), and experience incorporating these data and insights into forecast models to support strategic decision making
· Experience and comfort managing multiple projects across multiple stakeholder teams while delivering high-quality results on time
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel expertise
· Experience in relevant therapeutic areas preferred
· MBA or advanced STEM degree preferred
Key Leadership Competencies:
· Ensure team performance by building strong relationships with partners in multiple functions at various organizational levels including direct reports, peers, GCD commercial stakeholders, and cross-functional partners across AbbVie
· Ability to be Agile & Accountable while operating in a rapidly-changing environment; flexibility to utilize alternative approaches when typical methods are not feasible
· Comfort with ambiguity, and ability to Decide Smart & Sure even when information is limited or incomplete
· Willingness to have Clear & Courageous conversations with senior commercial leaders when analytical findings identify risks or unexpected obstacles
· Create a Psychologically Safe team environment for GCD Forecasting and direct reports through openness to feedback and suggestions to grow individual and team capabilities
· Facilitate team growth by providing learning opportunities that support individual development priorities
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.