Trade Marketing at AbbVie has evolved significantly from an operational and tactical focused responsibility for select products to one requiring development of complex pharmacy and distribution strategies across the entire portfolio in both the IMMUNOLOGY specialty and retail pharmacy channels. A key component of this evolution are the needs of stakeholders in the specialty pharmacy channel, in which AbbVie has a significant footprint of high-value brands supporting patients across IMMUNOLOGY, as well as higher cost and payer managed medications typically processed through retail pharmacy. These high-cost medications used to treat complex, chronic conditions often require special storage, handling and administration, and typically involve a significant degree of coordination with payers and HCPS, as well as dedication to patient education, monitoring and management.
The expectations of a specialty pharmacy in the health care ecosystem are quickly evolving as technologies drive exponential change and transform the future of pharmacy. Many pharmacies are just beginning to embrace the technologies and customer service innovation, and as specialty pharmacies reinvent themselves to meet the evolving needs of their patients, a strategy is required for how AbbVie will partner with these key stakeholders to optimize the patient experience and grow our business now and in the future. Patients are also evolving, as are their needs and expectations of their experience at the pharmacy. Whether it be a focus on convenience by experimenting with new, digital capabilities of their pharmacy, or seeking higher-touch clinical support models, these increasing patient demands put pressure on manufactures such as AbbVie to define our future specialty pharmacy value propositions and identify stakeholders in the channel to partner with to navigate this complex environment.
The Marketing Manager of Trade Marketing – IMMUNOLOGY Channel is responsible for executing business opportunities in the fast-evolving specialty pharmacy and distribution channel and implementing initiatives to partner with pharmacy and wholesaler stakeholders in support of patient onboarding and adherence to AbbVie products. This role, supporting IMMUNOLOGY specialty and retail products, requires an understanding of the pharmacy and distribution channel and its complexities and challenges, coupled with a strategic mind with an eye towards innovation.
Key job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Lead the tactical execution of AbbVie’s strategy to partner with specialty pharmacies in their effort to accelerate digital connectivity with patients, leveraging technology to not only facilitate drug purchasing, but also manage patient touchpoints, enhancing the overall patient experience.
· Trade lead for new product and NDC launch excellence, developing and executing plans and tactics to prepare internal stakeholders and customers to drive key launches in IMMUNOLOGY and other key therapeutic areas.
· Collaborate with Brand and cross-functional partners managing any product supply disruption across the IMMUNOLOGY portfolio.
· Lead for the tactical development and execution of multiple brand Trade value propositions throughout the brand lifecycle by collaborating with Brand leadership and other cross-functional partners.
· Tactical lead the development and creation of high-impact promotional materials for the pharmacy account team that supports stakeholder needs and brand strategic objectives.
· Manage TIM resources for Trade team
· Trade lead for IMMUNOLOGY brands annual Tactical Planning process
· Manage the effective pull through of tactics and resources with the Trade account team with responsibility for wholesalers and pharmacies
· Lead Trade operational components such as budget and field team SPIFF
· Manage strategic Tactical agency partner and development of Trade strategies and tactics across therapeutic areas
· Serve the lead role for Trade communications, both with internal cross-functional partners and external stakeholders
· Lead the valuation, assessment and optimization of specialty and retail pharmacy FFS contracts supporting IMMUNOLOGY brands with responsibility to evolve QBRs in order to monitor performance and hold customers accountable
· Embrace the Trade Marketing culture by cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages synchronicity, agility, transparency and development.
· Synthesize complex, and sometimes incomplete, pharmacy data sets in order to inform key strategic decisions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Pharmacy related experience preferred
• Experience with Market Access and contract negotiation preferred
• Marketing experience preferred
• Relationships within SPECIALTY, retail pharmacy and distribution channel preferred
• Knowledge of Marketing concepts within strategic planning process and understanding of market research principles to draw valid conclusions and inform recommendations
• Experience in program management within pharmacy and distribution channel preferred
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated experience developing and managing projects cross-functionally
• Positive, solutions-oriented attitude
• Customer centric mindset
• Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.