Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Senior IT Capability Manager partners closely with business functions to help design, build, and support solutions that enable R&D to operate more effectively and efficiently. This position will support our Biology Drug Discovery organization. The ideal profile for this position includes individuals with hands-on Drug Discovery experience who have transitioned over to an IT capability/business partner supporting Drug Discovery.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Information Technology, R&D and Clinical Systems and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or hybrid.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the business needs of Biology and how IT can enable them. Understands how Biology fits with the larger organization and how data moves and is used.
· Translate business needs into requirements. Define, scope, and budget for IT projects to address those business needs.
· Lead business analysis, requirements gathering, and process mapping efforts in support of new capability delivery. Develop system requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases.
· Evaluate vendors and solutions to address business requirements. Participate in vendor selection, contract negotiation, and the development of statements of work.
· Act as project manager, sponsor, and/or technical lead for complex IT projects.
· Provide full lifecycle ownership of applications and IT capabilities supporting their groups.
· Develop and maintain multi-year IT roadmaps for their groups.
· Develop the IT operating budget for the systems they own and manage to that budget.
· Manage project and support delivery through a matrix of external partners and internal staff.
· Provide operational support as required for production systems, including end-user support, account management, configuration management, and change management.
· In partnership with IT Infrastructure and Operations, ensure that systems and processes are compliant with company security practices.
· Partner with internal groups to ensure systems are compliant with all applicable regulations and SOPs.
· Prepare system lifecycle documentation, end-user training and documentation, FAQ’s, and other documentation as required.
· 10+ years of combined life sciences and IT experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
· Deep knowledge of Drug research biology and the supporting IT systems and processes. This includes ELNs, assay management, assay data reduction, data upload, curve-fitting, and data analysis and visualization.
· Very strong business analysis skills
· Experienced in managing IT capabilities/applications from concept to delivery through lifecycle management.
· Highly skilled in vendor selection and vendor management.
· Experience in developing IT roadmaps for technologies and processes,
· Experience with developing and managing to operating budgets.
· Ability to balance strategic and operational work and appropriately manage multiple priorities.
· Experienced in application and systems support with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
· Experience with data pipelining and analysis tools, advanced visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire), and SharePoint for collaboration is desired.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position will be hybrid-based and the expectation is that the successful candidate will be on-site in New Haven, partnering closely with our laboratory employees, 2-3 days per week.
- BS or other degree relevant to IT or life sciences discipline; Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer