Who We Are
RefleXion transforms radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiotracers for difficult to treat late-stage cancers.
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
About This Role
Senior Research Dosimetrist works as part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy use experts. This team works with the design engineers and outside clinicians to define, develop, and validate the clinical performance of new RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy products. The team focuses on establishing the clinical requirements for the products and validating that the products address them. This role requires a strong background in radiation physics, radiation therapy, treatment planning, diagnostic imaging, and medical device design control. The Senior Research Dosimetrist participates in the Product Engineering group to develop deep relationships with key opinion leaders in cancer treatment and investigate and develop new high-value clinical applications for RefleXion’s products, contributing to the larger radiotherapy, radiology, and oncology communities.
What You Will Be Doing
- Investigate the performance of treatment planning software under development by creating and analyzing clinical treatment plans in accordance with standard clinical practices and protocols
- Develop and maintain a HIPAA compliant clinical data repository
- Conceptualize and execute projects to evaluate and validate the clinical performance of RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy (BgRT) system under various clinical and practical test conditions
- Develop technical requirements and specifications from the simulations to ensure that RefleXion’s products meet their clinical performance goals
- Develop protocols and conduct formal testing to validate the clinical safety and efficacy of the product
- Supports Regulatory (FDA, CE, etc …) documentation and applications
- Collaborate with other organizations within the company as needed (i.e., regulatory, product education, training, sales, and marketing)
- Collaborate with clinical partners and KOL’s to develop protocols and criteria for acceptance and clinical utilization of RefleXion systems
- Publish system evaluation and clinical performance papers in collaboration with clinical partners, KOL’s, and internal R&D partners
- Other duties as assigned
Where You Will Do This Job
- Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute to the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- MS or CMD with 5 years relevant clinical, industry and/or research work experience
- Highly skilled at treatment planning
- Well-versed with multi-modality imaging and image fusion (PET/CT preferred)
- Working knowledge of DICOM and DICOM-RT
- Keen aptitude to work as part of a cross-functional product development team to move successful products from concept through launch
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral presentation skills
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- A passion for innovation leading to creation of robust and reliable products
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Flexible work location and schedule – hybrid work environment for many positions
- Competitive compensation and Pre–IPO stock option packages
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start and 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Employer paid Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- RefleXion Benefit Hub –Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $120,000-$155,000. annually. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.