We are currently seeking an established Synthetic Chemist to lead the Regeneron Genetics Medicines (RGM) chemistry group. In this position, the Director will play a key role in building out RGM’s synthetic chemistry group in a highly collaborative environment. We expect they will act as an inspiring leader to apply chemistry solutions to address challenges related to oligonucleotide synthesis, conjugation, and LNP chemistries.
A day in the life of a Director - Synthetic Chemistry may look like:
- Leading all aspects of and mentor a group of chemists involved in solid-phase synthesis and downstream purification and analysis for different classes of oligonucleotides such as siRNAs, ASOs, gRNAs etc.
- Employing synthetic chemistry expertise to develop processes for incorporating novel chemistry and modifications to synthetic oligos (sugar modifications, base modifications, backbone modifications, linker chemistry for conjugation), at small, mid and large scale.
- Leading development of novel LNP chemistries, (design and develop novel ionizable lipids, carry out lipid modifications and conjugations, establish new processes, etc.)
- Leading all aspects of physicochemical characterization of LNP formulations and cargo
- Collaboration with Analytics and Process Development/Manufacturing/CMC groups to develop robust scalable oligonucleotide and LNP manufacturing processes
- Addressing Key regulatory CMC questions pertaining to oligonucleotide and LNP synthesis and QC
- Providing meaningful contributions to the development of an organizational culture that supports growth and development of its people and capabilities to drive forward the RGM pipeline
This might be the right role for you if:
- You wan to apply expertise in developing physico-chemical analytical methods to characterize various classes of oligonucleotides and LNPs (eg. HPLC/UPLC, UV thermal melting, LC-UV-Fluor, LC-MS etc.)
- Synthesis of novel lipids and conjugating lipids with biologics/non-biologics is your passion
- You are comfortable working in a cross-functional role and excel as part of a diverse team.
- You want to provide meaningful contributions to the development of an organizational culture that supports growth and development of its people and capabilities to drive forward the RGM pipeline
- You prefer to work in an organization that is modality agnostic, letting the data determine the best course forward.
In order to be considered qualified for the role, you must:
Have a PhD in Synthetic Organic or Process chemistry, and a minimum of 10 years industry experience. 5 years of relevant experience, including a deep understanding of modern methods in synthetic chemistry with an emphasis on solid phase synthesis of oligonucleotides with various phosphonamidite chemistries using different platforms such as Mermade, DR. Oligo etc.
A track record of success in the field of oligonucleotide and LNP chemistry, with experience of building and leading a team is needed. Working in collaboration with various internal and external organisations (CROs, collaborators) is crucial. Deep expertise and proven leadership in the areas pertaining to oligonucleotide synthesis using a range of nucleoside/phosphoramidite chemistries, conjugation chemistry, and LNP chemistry will be crucial for this role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$193,200.00 - $322,000.00