The Director, SEC Reporting leads all aspects of SEC and AIM financial reporting including data gathering, processing and control, drafting, and filing of various and mandatory reports. This individual is very involved in ensuring the integrity of the Company’s financial reporting processes and in managing the Company’s SOX internal control program over financial reporting. This is a hands-on position.
- Prepares financial statements and associated notes and disclosures, checklists and necessary supporting documentation for filings on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, AIM reporting forms and for quarterly earnings releases
- Prepares/reviews various sections of quarterly and annual SEC and AIM filings (e.g., business section, financial statements, footnotes, MD&A etc.)
- Develops/maintains a consistent and formal cross-reference (tie-out) process to accurately support all financial disclosures included in SEC and AIM filings
- Assists in preparation of board materials, press releases and other items as necessary. Coordinates, prepares, and processes comments on various filing document drafts
- Coordinates with the Legal department and prepares SEC Forms 8-K, S-8, Section 16 filings, and Proxy Statements, including support documentation.
- Plans and coordinates external financial reporting timeline with key stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP, SEC, and AIM disclosure requirements
- Interfaces with external auditors and outside financial and accounting advisors, as needed
- Coordinates, develops, and maintains internal control processes and documentation in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Point of contact for internal SOX auditors and manages testing schedules and master files.
- Analyzes significant transactions and their impact for SEC disclosure purposes
- Assesses new SEC/GAAP accounting pronouncements, prepares accounting position papers and related disclosure requirements and amends internal control and reporting processes accordingly
- Reconciles all equity accounts, including common stock. Prepares entries and disclosure reporting related to the management of the Company’s equity awards plans
- Supports key new or non-standard transactions and initiatives and provides direct support on various special projects
- Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety, and environmental policies
- BS/ in Accounting or Finance or related area and at least 6-10 years public accounting experience (with publicly traded companies) and SEC reporting experience. CPA designation required
- Strong attention to detail to prepare SEC filings and other financial disclosures
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and internal controls
- Ability to work and interact effectively with all job levels within the organization
- Effectively communicates clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to effectively address SEC related guidance with others as appropriate; able to proactively identify and resolve potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including expert level Excel skills
- Ability to analyze and reconcile consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner
Note: To the extent permissible under applicable law, candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.