We're hiring a Principal Data Scientist with expertise in predictive statistics (analytics and modeling, especially as applied to diagnostics), bioinformatics and machine learning. Because you will be working with medical and biological datasets, a background in biomedical sciences is required. Fluency in R and Python is definitely preferred.
Please notice that this is not a financial-sector job. However, if you're looking for a challenging, deeply rewarding position applying advanced data analysis and machine learning to help solve some of humanity's toughest problems... then this job may be for you.
Our Principal Data Scientist will manage a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers to use multi-omics datasets to find diagnostic patterns of rare and hard-to-diagnose diseases and to generate actionable targets for drug development.
With ICR, you'll get to:
- Oversee the analysis of large, multi-omic datasets with the goal of finding disease signatures for diagnosis and targets for drug development
- Collaborate with your ICR team members to streamline and optimize novel methodologies to identify disease-causing genomic/transcriptomic variants and find actionable targets for therapeutic development
- Create and test in silico human disease models to improve predictive diagnostics
- Manage a team of data scientists, computational biologists and machine learning engineers in difficult but rewarding work
Please apply if you have:
- A Masters or PhD and 10 years of data science/machine learning experience, with a focus on the integration of multi-omics level datasets, diagnosing disease and target discovery
- A deep background in computer programming, machine learning, mathematics, probability and statistics with an emphasis on integrating and interrogating large, multi-omic datasets
- A drive to push the envelope of individualized medicine with the translational potential to help millions of suffering people
You'll also need:
- The ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
- A can-do attitude and a friendly, easygoing personality
Position title and compensation are commensurate with experience.
The compensation ranges listed below are starting ranges.
Starting base pay range: $160,000/yr - $250,000/yr
Starting additional compensation range: $15,000/yr - $40,000/yr