Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for a IT Client Services Manager to join our growing South San Francisco team!
The IT Client Services Manager role provides combined administrative, technical, and service desk support to the organization for the information technology function. Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines. Coordinates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots incoming requests from associates and external users using remote access, teleconferencing and direct methods supporting and maintaining effective relationships with users. Provides recommendations as well as subsequent design and execution of network/systems infrastructure including internal and external systems/server administration. Supports a secure environment with compliance to policy, recommendations for security improvements, proactive monitoring of the environment and supports/assists the IT team in regulatory responses
- Assists in the definition of the strategy and technology roadmap for Network Architecture, assess and deliver enterprise level, highly available technical solutions on-premises and cloud-based.
- Documents Service Desk and Network/Infrastructure as it relates to client-impacting components including configuration, process and change management.
- Provides day to day support of Service Desk (desktop support) and related network/server infrastructure for on-premises equipment and cloud-based resources.
- Supports our associate population with consistent, standardized solutions for desktop needs.
- Provides IT administrative tasks, working with suppliers and technical services providers technically and administratively to support the organization.
- Leads projects that impact the company through its entire lifecycle, from planning and design, corporate communications, testing, and to delivery and support.
- Ongoing testing and checking of our client and related systems for weaknesses in design, software, and hardware. Maintains accurate inventory of hardware, software, and other relevant technological tools.
- The ability to assist end users in all types of IT-related tasks is required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware, software, and general IT systems by studying relevant publications and participating in educational programs as necessary.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and other responsibilities as determined by the VP, IT
- BS/BA in Computer Science or IT or a combination of education and applicable experience. Must have 8 in a user support role and 3-4 in network/technical areas.
- Ability to document Service Desk processes, Client Services impacting systems from an end-user client standpoint.
- Experience managing, implementing, and installing client computers, peripherals, firewalls, routers, switches, and servers.
- Experience with virtualized environments such as VMWare.
- Experience with cloud-based networks/infrastructure (AWS and/or Azure Cloud Services)
- Experience with MS-365 systems, SSO (Okta, Azure and/or other)
- Able to analyze complex issues to debug and resolve.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios and maintain courteous demeanor with our clients and team members.
- Ability to communicate and report end-user incidents, network security incidents and issues to management.
- Must be available to work onsite at our offices in South San Francisco.
In accordance with California’s Pay Transparency law, Vaxart’s base salary range for this position is approximately $135,000 - $150,000 USD per hour or annually. The actual salary for this role will vary based on a variety of factors including education, job-related knowledge, and experience. This range does not include equity, benefits, bonuses, or other non-monetary compensation which may be included.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a robust health plan, bonus program, stock options, 401(k) with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work-life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, and layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by
Vaccination Requirement: Vaxart has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Vaxart will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. Vaxart prioritizes sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of our employees and the community.
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS AND STAFFING AGENCIES: Vaxart, Inc. has an internal recruiting department. Vaxart may supplement that internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters ('Agency'). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Vaxart employees directly to present candidates. Vaxart’s recruiting team or other authorized Vaxart personnel must present ALL candidates to hiring managers.