Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As a Vice President of Research Operations at Eikon, you will oversee broad research operations supporting a fast-growing research team of 100+. You’ll lead the expansion of our research operations across new geographical sites, building and adding core research initiatives and overseeing research program management for an advancing drug development pipeline. You will be a key member of the research senior staff and collaborate on strategic initiatives and long-range planning across the research group.
You have a background in research with a strong operational acumen. You are great at building, inspiring and leading a multidisciplinary team. You’re passionate about organizational excellence and efficiency. You are enthusiastic about career/people development and mentoring. You’re conscientious, and highly organized with a drive for continuous improvement, and have an ability to see the “big picture”. You’re collaborative by nature and eager to support the organization in creative ways. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
What You’ll Do
- Report into Chief Scientific Offer and manage a team of experienced leaders across project management, laboratory operations, environmental health and safety, cell line engineering and cell culture core
- Work as part of the research leadership to align priorities and drive towards operational efficiencies that accelerate and improve the quality of our research and laboratory work
- Collaborate regularly with key stakeholders including with engineering, clinical and research groups, and contribute to setting ongoing scientific strategies and project priorities
- Work collaboratively across the broader Eikon enterprise to align research needs and work with other company functions
- Drive the research operations vision, strategy and execution to deliver results aligned with the company’s objectives
- Elaborate high-level plans to drive projects forward successfully
- Support and enable the members of your team in their scientific and professional pursuits
- Attract, retain, and direct the professional development of members of the Research Operations organization
- PhD degree in biology, chemistry, pharmacology or a related field, with at least 15 years of relevant experience, including significant time in industry
- Extensive experience in project management, operations, and laboratory research
- Experience in managing across multiple sites
- Experience in building teams in fast growing organizations
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong collaborator enterprise-wide
- An ability to make robust and rapid decisions, even when faced with complex and/or difficult situations
- An ability to think strategically at a high level, while also being organized and detail-oriented
- An ability to communicate clearly and build open collaborative relationships
- An understanding of the drug discovery and development process - preferred but not required
- Biotechnology experience – preferred but not required
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $275,000 - $316,000, depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.