Director - Scientific Project Management
Full Time | Apply Here
We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive at Alloy!
Alloy’s Antibody Discovery Services (ADS) team is looking for an on-site Project Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our antibody discovery services platform employs cutting-edge technologies in molecular biology, protein sciences, B-cell cloning, phage display, novel antibody formats and analytics to identify and optimize antibody-based therapeutics. The ADS team works collaboratively with all Alloy site teams (Waltham, Athens, Basel, UK, and San Francisco) to deliver high quality therapeutic molecules to our ecosystem of external partners and 82VS companies. You will be a key member of the team continuously working to improve novel project management strategies across these workflows for the goal of making medicine together with our collaborators.
As a Project Manager, you will work directly with our antibody discovery services team, managing discovery programs for antibody-based therapeutics, including monoclonal and bispecific antibodies and TCR mimetics. Your role will involve developing and implementing project plans that define the project goals, timelines, and deliverables, and ensuring the successful completion of projects. You will also be responsible for coordinating activities and handoffs across functional teams, providing leadership and direction to ensure that project milestones are achieved. In addition to this, you will proactively identify potential risks and issues that could impact project timelines, deliverables, or budgets, and develop contingency plans to mitigate these risks proactively. Your role will also require you to plan and track resources needed across the organization to effectively execute on portfolio projects and help resolve any bottlenecks.
As part of this role, you will need to have strong communication skills to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, both within and outside the company. This will involve managing communication with external partners and 82VS companies to provide regular project updates, reports, and presentations, and also providing portfolio updates to our leadership team. Effective communication with these stakeholders is crucial to ensure that all parties are aligned with project goals and timelines, and that any potential issues or concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Antibody Discovery Services in Waltham, MA, with autonomy owning various stakeholders, projects, and tasks in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of Alloy. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Improve: Create project management processes for program execution for our partners.
- Collaborate: With a broad team of scientific experts and external collaborators in discovery of biologics.
- Deliver: Project goals, timelines, and deliverables, while ensuring successful project completion
- Lead: You are a self-starter, able to lead and manage yourself. You inspire others by going the extra mile and paying attention to details that others miss.
- Communicate: You can communicate new ideas & insights clearly and engagingly to experts, non-experts and senior management.
Why We Value You
- You have a Master's or PhD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology)
- You have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience and a strong understanding of project management in drug development or related field
- You have a proven track record of successful project management, including planning, execution, and delivery of projects within scope, budget, and timeline
- You have knowledge and experience with antibody discovery and development
- You have strong scientific and analytical skills, with the ability to coordinate handoff of complex scientific data between teams
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- You have the ability to maintain and coordinate multiple workflows simultaneously
- You have impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to articulate the bigger picture while also getting into details
- You have excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and influence cross-functional teams
- You enjoy mentoring and educating junior staff, and actively promoting the use of project management tools
- Experience working with project management tools (e.g., ClickUp) and LIMS systems (e.g., Benchling)
- Experience working directly with external companies on scientific service offerings
- Ability to work across various US and international time zones
- Accommodate occasional travel as needed (10%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.