Annexon (Nasdaq: ANNX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company seeking to bring game-changing medicines to patients with classical complement-mediated diseases of the body, brain and eye. The classical complement cascade is a seminal pathway within the immune system that anchors and drives a host of autoimmune, neurodegenerative and ophthalmic diseases. Annexon is advancing a new class of complement medicines targeting the early classical cascade and all downstream pathway components that contribute to disease, while selectively preserving the beneficial immune functions of other complement pathways. Annexon is rigorously developing a pipeline of diversified product candidates across multiple mid- to late-stage clinical trials, with clinical data anticipated throughout 2023 and beyond.
Work Location: Hybrid - Remote assignment may be considered
The Vice President, Clinical Pharmacology reports to the SVP Global Development Operations. Responsibilities will span across Annexon’s development programs, as well as exploratory studies to support evaluation of potential pipeline expansions.
- Responsible to help set global and program specific clinical pharmacology strategy and execution thereof
- Build and lead a highly effective, innovative clinical pharmacology function inclusive of management of external consultants, that will facilitate data driven decision making in the clinic and can support regulatory requirements for safety and efficacy
- Lead integration of preclinical and medical data analyses to guide development decisions
- Lead and promote the use of leading-edge clinical pharmacology and model-based drug development (MBDD) approaches that maximize ability to make go/no go decisions
- Support or lead, as possible, preparation of regulatory documents for health authority meetings, designations
- PhD (or MD) in a drug development-related disciple with 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, with 10+ years of direct experience in nonclinical development and Clinical pharmacology expertise.
- Experience in development of compounds with novel mechanisms of action preferred
- A broad understanding of drug development as evidenced by a track record of significant contributions to successful patents, INDs, Regulatory Agency interactions, NDAs, drug approvals, in-licensing deals, and/or peer reviewed publications.
- Proven ability to build and lead an excellent nonclinical development / clinical pharmacology function, ideally with extensive outsourcing components and including organizational design and the recruitment, development and retention of first-rate personnel.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial organization, wherein all leaders must take a hands-on approach and the environment is fast-paced and challenging.
- Residence in the SF Bay Area is preferred
Annexon Biosciences requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. You will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon hire. The Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, BELONGING ARE IMPORTANT TO US
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential for the strength of our business and the vitality of the communities we serve.
Internally, we want to make sure all employees feel welcome, appreciated and can be themselves at Annexon. We continually educate, inform and hold accountability for improving our diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging efforts. We ensure that open and real dialogue happens on important diversity topics.
Externally, we continuously work to build our pipeline of underrepresented candidates for our workforce, enhance, recruit and develop a best-in-class, diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce; ensure that Black, LatinX and other underrepresented businesses have long-term sustainable opportunities to work with Annexon; and hold our vendors to the same standards under which we operate.
The anticipated starting salary for is this position is $300,000 to $301,600 per year. The starting salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s education, experience, transferable skills, licenses/certifications, location, and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine the final compensation. The starting salary does not include any other potential components of the total compensation package, including bonus, equity, employer provided benefits, and perks.
Annexon Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. We are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.”
Annexon Biosciences doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Annexon Biosciences.