AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Take the next step in your career with an organization that strategically invests in the long-term health of the company, its technology and its people. The AbbVie Business Technology Solutions (BTS) team shapes the digital transformation necessary for our treatments to positively impact patients’ lives. In the role of Associate Director, BTS Learning & Development, you’ll tackle complex challenges as you develop and diversify your professional experiences while helping others grow and develop their skills.
About the role
The Associate Director, Learning & Development will work closely with leadership across all departments to develop and execute training strategy, resource requirements, and planning for key constituents. This role will be responsible for the development, guidance, and/or execution of core curriculum content (including new hire and on-going training) in conjunction with departmental subject matter experts, across various training modalities.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Partner with the Director to drive the impact of the learning & development strategy.
- Help to lead the design, development, and implementation of innovative and high impact learning programs with a specific emphasis on the following: Professional & leader skills improvement, reskilling and upskilling, and Leadership development at all levels.
- Strategize and deploy different types of learning methods and training techniques including blended learning approaches that meet the changing needs of the workforce, through in-person, virtual, video-based eLearning lessons.
- Incorporate key training principles to effectively design and implement consistent training programs and materials.
- Perform needs assessments and gap analysis to inform development plans and learning objectives, partnering with HR, and other stakeholders.
- Develop leadership and professional curriculums for employees and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Assess & analyze organizational development needs, prioritize needs, identify possible solutions and delivery of those solutions (i.e., focus group, one time education session, formal training program, coaching etc.)
- Be a change agent for the business by positively influencing the culture through educational programs and informal interactions.
- May lead or participate in global, cross-functional initiatives/teams in support of business priorities. Represent the Learning organization during regulatory inspections, audits and process improvement initiatives.
Experiences that make you a strong candidate for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred. Major in Organization Development or Instructional Design preferred.
- 10-15 years in Human Resources Management with emphasis in Talent Management practice and process development required.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in managing, designing, developing, and delivering training, coaching, onboarding, upskill/reskill initiatives, leadership, and professional development, required.
- 3+ years in consulting and training, preferred.
- Strong presentation, facilitation skills, written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing quality with on-time delivery.
- Proficient in data management and analysis.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to a variety of environments, and take responsibility and accountability for projects, required.
- Growth mindset; creativity & innovation; critical thinking; problem solver; teamwork, collaboration, and partnership builder.
- Travel: up to 25%
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.