Who We Are
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
The Customer Facing IT team seeks a highly talented and motivated leader to lead the TOPS IT Portfolio & Governance Function.
The role will develop, manage, and effectively communicate the key information related to TOPS IT Technology Projects that are required to meet and achieve BioMarin’s (BMRN) corporate drivers and goals (e.g., oversee time, resources, and budgets for all projects). The role will be to monitor and report on all projects within the TOPS IT Portfolio.
This position will report directly to the Head of TOPS IT in the Customer Facing IT department.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide governance & oversight of all TOPS IT Projects to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within approved time frame, scope, and budget.
- Manage a central repository of all Projects, irrespective of originating Portfolio, i.e. TOPS Technology Portfolio, Capital Investment, Site(s) Long Range Planning.
- Maintain and communicate overall Portfolio financials and performance.
- Responsible for maximizing resource allocation based on resource availability and prioritized projects.
- Provide guidance to Project Managers and PMaaS staff as required on Business Procedures and Standards.
- Champion strong IT governance and mentor project managers in ensuring consistency and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ensure that the IT Project LifeCycle Framework remains current, standardized, and updated, by the Project Management as a Service function in line with TOPS IT requirements and Best Practices.
- Work closely with the project and program management functions across the organization, to align on Standards and Process Maturity.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Internal/external partners and sponsors ensuring key stakeholders are identified and engaged early in the Process.
- Oversee the management of project closure initiatives, Approval to Close, Handover to Operations, Knowledge Based Articles etc.
- Partner with Technology Strategy & Solution Delivery Functions to ensure successful delivery of approved projects in support of Business & IT Strategy.
- Work with the TOPS IT Leads, Project Managers and Cost Controllers to manage the overall portfolio in terms of Schedule, Resources, and Budgets necessary to execute all approved TOPS Technology projects.
- Serve as a SPOC for Head of IT Performance Management, to manage Cross-Functional Resource Allocations and Prioritisation of Projects.
- Identify and implement operational Dashboards to support key metrics and agreed SLAs.
- Manage the project intake process across the TOPS organization, ensure consistency in Assessment, Scoping and Governance.
- Manage TOPS IT Technology Budget.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of relevant documentation, templates, and knowledge sharing
- Champion Knowledge Sharing (KBAs, Documentation) and Best Practices for TOPS IT.
- Maintain stakeholder Management Matrix for TOPS IT (Sponsors, Steering, Projects Leads etc)
- Maintain alignment and communication with Capital Projects, TOPS PMO and IM Performance Management Governance Forums / Processes / Policies.
- Collaborate with TOPS Project Controls, TOPS PMO, and IT Performance Management for creating and maintaining portfolio dashboards, cost reports, resource loading, etc.
- Define, maintain, and report out key portfolio health metrics, to ensure consistency & transparency in measurement of scope, schedule, resourcing and budget adherence, risk identification and mitigation processes to the business and IT partners.
- Represent TOPS IT Portfolio at the relevant Business / Capital Governance meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Computer Science or Engineering/Science Degree in a Bio-Pharmaceutical or equivalent type industry.
- Project Management Qualification.
- Proficiency with standard office software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Access
- Proficiency with Portfolio Management Tools, such as Planview PPM, Oracle OPPM, Oracle Primavera P6 etc.
- Ability to collaborate with a team that has a fast-moving and diverse portfolio
- Experience in IT within the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport, and persuade others.
- Able to lead IT projects of considerable size and complexity that typically enable larger functions or multiple functions to achieve their goals and objectives
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience in coordinating teams, and/or experience in project management.
- Must have good interpersonal skills. Position will involve a considerable level of interdepartmental interaction and coordination.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of GxP, in addition to FDA and International requirements for computer validation and Part 11 / Annex 11 requirements.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of current industry guidance, including GAMP 5, PMI, SDLC.
Role Level Criteria
- Strategic Contribution & Impact
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans.
- Delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Financial Impact & Value Creation
- Scope and Complexity
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of industry trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation to others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.