HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Utilities - Operator)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will, under limited supervision, supervise and operate equipment, utilities, and HVAC systems following established guidelines and operating procedures. Conduct intermediate troubleshooting and employ knowledge to identify root cause and appropriate corrective actions to diagnose or avert equipment problems. This role will be supporting non-Standard Shifts including, second, third, and rotative, shifts during the week, weekends and holidays (floating between shift based on area needs) reporting to the Facilities & Engineering (F&E) department.Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lines up, starts, stops and secures equipment as required by the utilities site operation.
- Knows and abides by all safety rules and regulations.
- Strictly follow companys safety and cGMP policies and procedures.
- Operate and supervise sophisticated plant equipment, with ability to troubleshoot issues or problems.
- Able to support other departments or projects according to business needs
- Perform various "Housekeeping" activities, (i.e. keeping work areas clean, cleaning of equipment etc.)
- Ensure that operational log paperwork, daily log files, and/or any other require documentation is completed with accurate information.
- Support to develop, revise, and review SOPs or job plans/work plans for work related areas.
- Interpret and review utility, process system/ equipment, plumbing, ductwork plans, architectural, and HVAC P&IDs.
- Provide basic support and/or conduct start-up of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications.
- Any other duties as required by the supervisor to support normal operations at the department.
What we expect of you
We are all different! Yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Senior Maintenance Technician professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
Associates degree & 4 years of maintenance and/or manufacturing experience.
High school diploma & 6 years of maintenance and/or manufacturing experience.
- Utilities Operations experience in a GMP regulated industry.
- Potable Water Treatment Plant Certification
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Certification
- Cogeneration experience
- Knowledgeable of one or more of the following technical areas: Utility Plant Operations/ Maintenance, Process Equipment/ System Maintenance, HVAC Operations/ Maintenance, or Fire System.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams and customers.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.